Re: [softrock40] QRP2000 USB-Controlled Synthesizer kit with CMOS

  • Chris Wilson
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 15, 2012

      > Can someone educate me on what the Synthesizer kits are used for?
      > What does it do and to what kit is it likely to be used for? Is this
      > strictly for TX or for RX? Will this work on a PeaBerry or just the
      > SoftRock boards? I have reviewed the web site of SDRkits.net for
      > information but after reading that description I can see how this
      > would be useful but I do not fully comprehend the information.

      > 73,
      > KD8IGK
      > Bill

      16/11/2012 00:03

      I bought this of Ebay the other week :
      http://www.ebay.com/itm/Transceiver-SDR-Softrock-RXTX-v6-2-160m-KIT-Software-Defined-Radio-/300811927846?pt=US_Ham_Radio_Transceivers&hash=item4609c9c126

      As it's the older RXTX it is crystal controlled, not tunable like the
      current kits. However, there's an add on kit to use the synthesizer
      tuning, which I will get, then it's effectively the same as a curent
      RXTX Ensemble. I fancied a 160 meter version and made an impulsive
      purchase.

      --
      Best Regards,
      Chris Wilson. 2E0ILY