Re: [softrock40] Switching stage of the Ensemble RXTX

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 14, 2012
      Subject: [softrock40] Switching stage of the Ensemble RXTX

      >I have noted the following:
      >
      > On R53, I have 2.5 volts on both sides, not just on the left, as indicated.
      >
      > Voltage at gate of Q10 (junction R50, 51) on Rx is 8 volts.
      > On TX, which is not mentioned on the building notes, is 0 volts. Is this correct ?
      >
      > Base of Q3 is 10.7 volts, on both RX and Tx
      >
      > Point A (junction R34, R51) the notes say Rx 7.15 volts. On TX, not mentioned in the notes, mine is 0.07 volts. Is this correct?
      >
      > Pin 1 & 15 on U10 switches between 0 volts on Rx & 5 volts on Tx
      >
      > All the other voltages mentioned in testing the stage and the G8VOI method are within range.
      >
      > Any comments please ? Can I assume that this stage is working as it should ?

      Paul

      Sorry, are you saying any of your readings disagrees with Robbys?
      Obviously he does not give every measurement, you may assume all is correct if you agree with him.

      73 Alan G4ZFQ
    • Malti
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 14, 2012
        Alan,

        I mean, that if I am  testing voltages for two conditions, RX and TX mode, then I should know the voltages, for both, even if the voltages remain the same for both conditions .
        Typical cases are voltages at  gate of Q10,  and  junction R35/R51. It is very easy to damage the BS170, even with a meter probe. Its not as tough as the rugged 2N3819.

        In any case, I am assuming that this stage is working satisfactorily.

        Thanks for your interest and help

        Paul

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 15, 2012

          >I mean, that if I am testing voltages for two conditions, RX and TX mode,
          then I should know the voltages, for both, even if the voltages remain the
          same for both conditions .
          Typical cases are voltages at gate of Q10, and junction R35/R51. It is
          very easy to damage the BS170, even with a meter probe. Its not as tough as
          the rugged 2N3819.
          In any case, I am assuming that this stage is working satisfactorily.

          Paul,

          Fault finding and discussing circuit operation can be two different things.
          For example, with R53 simple Oms law says that a relatively big current has to flow through it's 10 ohms to make any significant
          voltage drop across it. But it is not so simple to know what current actually should flow through it. A few months ago there was a
          lengthy debate in this group about what this single resistor actually does.

          Please take your extra measurements, just make it clear whether your questions are because you have a problem or just that you want
          to learn more.
          When I'm busy on other things I'm more inclined to spend time helping people with problems than discussing electronics although
          there is a lot I need to learn.

          73 Alan G4ZFQ
        • Malti
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 15, 2012
            Thanks Alan for being sincere.
            The discussion about this stage ends here,

            73's

            Paul

            On 15 November 2012 09:24, Alan <alan4alan@...> wrote:

            >I mean, that if I am  testing voltages for two conditions, RX and TX mode,
            then I should know the voltages, for both, even if the voltages remain the
            same for both conditions .
            Typical cases are voltages at  gate of Q10,  and  junction R35/R51. It is
            very easy to damage the BS170, even with a meter probe. Its not as tough as
            the rugged 2N3819.
            In any case, I am assuming that this stage is working satisfactorily.

            Paul,

            Fault finding and discussing circuit operation can be two different things.
            For example, with R53 simple Oms law says that a relatively big current has to flow through it's 10 ohms to make any significant
            voltage drop across it. But it is not so simple to know what current actually should flow through it. A few months ago there was a
            lengthy debate in this group about what this single resistor actually does.

            Please take your extra measurements, just make it clear whether your questions are because you have a problem or just that you want
            to learn more.
            When I'm busy on other things I'm more inclined to spend time helping people with problems than discussing electronics although
            there is a lot I need to learn.

            <*> Your email settings:
                Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to: