Re: [softrock40] Re: Component changes on the prototype QSE and PA boards

  • Tony Parks
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 4, 2006
      Hi Hidehiko,

      We are seeing 900 mV p-p on the line-out signals to the board to get the full 400 mW RF output.

      Please let me know if your low power problem is on going.

      73,
      Tony KB9YIG

      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 5, 2006
        Hi Tony,

        I spend whole of my weekend for V6-Exciter Modification except for
        time to play tennis with my wife. hi.
        I returned from tennis from local park now and I try to see the
        waveform of exciter again. Now I see the all the voltage level is
        increasing than yesterday.Well my last measurement value are follows.

        1) Line-Out Signals <both of R/L> ; 5.8Vpp(AC-Sinewave)
        2) C9 ; 2.6Vpp(AC-Sinewave)
        3) C13 ; 2.6Vpp(AC-Sinewave)
        4) C18 ; 2.6Vpp(AC-Sinewave)
        5) C20 ; 2.6Vpp(AC-Sinewave)

        And the power out from the PA board becomes slight up.
        It's about150mW to 250mW according to the load.
        I fixed the 150mW at the load of 50ohm.
        I use the antenna tuner because of my is G5RV.

        I will check the frequency response of the input BPF filter
        just to make sure that my coil winding is correct or not.

        --- My V6 Exciter TODAY ---

        * Anyway today I make several 2way QRP QSO with 150mW while my
        modification and measurement.
        It is my first experience that I operate without Keyer.
        CWX included with PowerSDR works fine!
        But I can not find how to set the QSK (Break-in) operation.
        It will be more convenience to use the QSK operation.
        I now use "MOX" button to "ON" and then CWX window to be active
        and keyboard typing. hi.

        * The external key is working ok but the delay has occurs everytime
        and I have to retire from using ext-key.I can NOT send the CW-Code
        correctly for its delay. hi.
        But I'm satisfied to use the keyboard CW sending except for QSK
        operation.

        * It's about time I put the V6-Exciter into the case.
        Only 150mW get a thrill than 400mW in QRPing.
        Do you think so?

        ja9mat hidehiko.

        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "qrper723" <qrper72@...> wrote:

        > Sorry I missed the last measurement values.
        > Correction is as follows;
        >
        > 1) Line-Out Signals <both of R/L> ; 0.8Vpp(AC-Sinewave)
        > 2) C9 ; 0.4Vpp(AC-Sinewave)
        > 3) C13 ; 0.4Vpp(AC-Sinewave)
        > 4) C18 ; 0.4Vpp(AC-Sinewave)
        > 5) C20 ; 0.4Vpp(AC-Sinewave)
        >
        > ja9mat hidehiko.
      • qrper723
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 5, 2006
          Hi,
          I measured the frequency response of PA's input BPF and see it's
          no problem...3.5MHz to 7MHz Bw is good!

          ja9mat hidehiko.

          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 5, 2006
            Hi Tony,

            Thanks for your info. about the input level for QSE board.
            I will continue to measure the other point of QSE and PA board.

            hidehiko ja9mat.