Re: [softrock40] Re: V6 SoftRock with Lt op amps

  • Phil Harman
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 4, 2006
      The LT6231 is what the figures I gave where using.

      Phil...VK6APH

      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 5, 2006
        Hi Tony,

        I know that you have been doing some work on the stacked tx option and I wondered if any of this translated to the V6RXTX board before I jump in and start building?

        Incidentally, I went to Maplin's yesterday, our equivalent - ish of Radio Shack looking for the additional bits and pieces needed to complete the kit and found a Hammond enclosure model 1455K1201. It is an alumin(i)um enclosure, model number 1455K1201 and will be perfect for the RXTX card, so I thought I would pass it along.

        Once I know if there are any planned component value changes, I will build and test the kit.

        73

        Ray, G4FON

      • ian mcphedran

          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 5, 2006
            Hi Ray,

            The small kit of parts that I will be sending to each of the v6 RXTX
            kit buyers will cover the following component changes to the board:

            1) R1 and R7 changed to 22.1k resistors.
            2) 100 ohm resistors are placed in series with each of the two T1
            leads that connect to pins of U3.
            3) R21 is reduced to 10 ohms.
            4) RFC1 is removed from the circuit and a 100 ohm resistor is put in
            the RFC1 location.
            5) Components in the LPF on the output of Q2 are changed to the
            following set:
            C26 = C30 = 470pF, C28 = 820pF, C27 and C29 are not used, L4 and L5
            are each 1.1uH, (17 turns on a T30-2 core).

            With the above changes Terry and I are each getting at least 400 mW
            of "clean" RF output.

            Jan, G0BBL, is testing one more additional change where a small resistor will be added in series with diode D1 so that standing current in the PA stage may be increased to the desired value.  When his tests are complete, I will send out the small kit of parts needed for the RXTX upgrade.

            73,
            Tony KB9YIG

            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 5, 2006
              Ray Goff wrote:
              > Hi Tony,
              >
              > I know that you have been doing some work on the stacked tx option and I
              > wondered if any of this translated to the V6RXTX board before I jump in
              > and start building?

              Hi Ray, there was a post from Tony covering these a little before the
              post on changes to the stacked board.

              I got it in my mail here dated as 02/11/2006 23:25 and titled "Component
              changes on the v6 RXTX". If you get your messages via the web rather
              than email, the message number you need is 6966.

              Hope this helps.

              Duncan Munro
              http://www.m0kgk.co.uk/
            • Ray Goff
              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 5, 2006
                Tony,

                Thanks for the update, I guessed that there were changes from following the other threads...

                Please don't worry about sending me the new components, they are not hard to source here in the UK and if they are not already in my junk box, I can get them faster than the post from the US will arrive here.

                I will start building tomorrow now I know what you are planning and will report back later in the week.

                73

                Ray, G4FON

                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 5, 2006
                  Hi Ian,

                  N84AL.

                  It was as expensive as the kit, but I thought it was perfect for the job.

                  73

                  Ray, G4FON