Re: [softrock40] Web Address For RXTX Kit Ordering??

  • Chris Wilson
    Message 1 of 22 , Nov 12, 2012

      > Can someone please tell me the web address for ardering RXTX kits -
      > the one I have is apparently no longer it!!
      >
      > Thanks much
      >
      > Dan

      12/11/2012 15:33

      http://www.fivedash.com/

      --
      Best Regards,
      Chris Wilson. 2E0ILY
      Message 2 of 22 , Nov 12, 2012
        There was an error in uploading pages to the site and I accidentally uploaded the pages for the VHF RX to the Ensemble RXTX site.  I have since corrected that and the RXTX pages are now restored to the RXTX site.

        Any of you who have found the wrong kit on the site, should now find the correct kits in the correct folders.  You may need, however, to hit the page-refresh key (F5 on most browsers) to force th browser to reload the correct page.

        Sorry for any inconvenience.

        On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 9:28 AM, Dan Boardman <dan.boardman@...> wrote:

        Can someone please tell me the web address for ardering RXTX kits - the one I have is apparently no longer it!!

        Thanks much

        Dan

        --
        Cheers,
        Robby

        Richard R. (Robby) Robson
        LTC USA (RET)

      • Tim G3PJD
        Message 3 of 22 , Nov 12, 2012
          Phew! Thanks for the confession, Robby. I thought that I'd finally lost it and was condemned to watch daytime TV for the rest of my days!

          73

          Tim
          G3PJD/KN6WQ
          --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "R. R. (Robby) Robson" <rrrobson@...> wrote:

          > There was an error in uploading pages to the site and I accidentally
          > uploaded the pages for the VHF RX to the Ensemble RXTX site. I have since
          > corrected that and the RXTX pages are now restored to the RXTX site.
          >
          > Any of you who have found the wrong kit on the site, should now find the
          > correct kits in the correct folders. You may need, however, to hit the
          > page-refresh key (F5 on most browsers) to force th browser to reload the
          > correct page.
          >
          > Sorry for any inconvenience.
          >
          > On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 9:28 AM, Dan Boardman
          > <dan.boardman@...>wrote:
          >
          > > **
          > >

          > > Can someone please tell me the web address for ardering RXTX kits - the
          > > one I have is apparently no longer it!!****
          > >
          > > ** **
          > >
          > > Thanks much****
          > >
          > > ** **
          > >
          > > Dan****
          > >

          > --
          > Cheers,
          > Robby
          >
          > Richard R. (Robby) Robson
          > LTC USA (RET)
          > www.wb5rvz.com
          > www.wb5rvz.org
          > www.rafino.org

        • KQ8M
          Message 4 of 22 , Nov 12, 2012

            You still may be condemned to daytime TV though. Depends on if you’re an old fart like me. lol

            73,

            Tim Herrick, KQ8M

            Charter Member North Coast Contesters

            kq8m@...

            AR-Cluster V6 kq8m.no-ip.org

            Phew! Thanks for the confession, Robby. I thought that I'd finally lost it and was condemned to watch daytime TV for the rest of my days!

            73

            Tim
            G3PJD/KN6WQ

            --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "R. R. (Robby) Robson" <rrrobson@...> wrote:

            > There was an error in uploading pages to the site and I accidentally
            > uploaded the pages for the VHF RX to the Ensemble RXTX site. I have since
            > corrected that and the RXTX pages are now restored to the RXTX site.
            >
            > Any of you who have found the wrong kit on the site, should now find the
            > correct kits in the correct folders. You may need, however, to hit the
            > page-refresh key (F5 on most browsers) to force th browser to reload the
            > correct page.
            >
            > Sorry for any inconvenience.
            >
            > On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 9:28 AM, Dan Boardman
            > <dan.boardman@...>wrote:
            >
            > > **
            > >

            > > Can someone please tell me the web address for ardering RXTX kits - the
            > > one I have is apparently no longer it!!****
            > >
            > > ** **
            > >
            > > Thanks much****
            > >
            > > ** **
            > >
            > > Dan****
            > >

            > --
            > Cheers,
            > Robby
            >
            > Richard R. (Robby) Robson
            > LTC USA (RET)
            > www.wb5rvz.com
            > www.wb5rvz.org
            > www.rafino.org

          • Tim G3PJD
            Message 5 of 22 , Nov 12, 2012
              I most probably am! Licensed in 1961 at 15. I suppose I can just about manage re-runs of Star Trek for the ninth time given sufficient quantities of good British beer!

              Glug glug zzzzzzz

              --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "KQ8M" <kq8m@...> wrote:

              > You still may be condemned to daytime TV though. Depends on if you're an old fart like me. lol
              >

              > 73,
              >
              > Tim Herrick, KQ8M
              >
              > Charter Member North Coast Contesters
              >
              > kq8m@...
              >

              > AR-Cluster V6 kq8m.no-ip.org
              >
              > User Ports: 23, 7373 with local skimmer, 7374 without local skimmer

            • R. R. (Robby) Robson
              Message 6 of 22 , Nov 12, 2012
                In fact, I was watching daytime TV when I uploaded to the wrong account!

                --
                Cheers,
                Robby

                Richard R. (Robby) Robson
                LTC USA (RET)

              • Tim G3PJD
                Message 7 of 22 , Nov 12, 2012
                  Hah! Ist alles klar!

                  --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "R. R. (Robby) Robson" <rrrobson@...> wrote:

                  > In fact, I was watching daytime TV when I uploaded to the wrong account!
                  >
                  > On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 11:01 AM, Tim G3PJD <jet.noise@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > **
                  > >

                  > > Phew! Thanks for the confession, Robby. I thought that I'd finally lost it
                  > > and was condemned to watch daytime TV for the rest of my days!
                  > >
                  > > 73
                  > >
                  > > Tim
                  > > G3PJD/KN6WQ
                  > >
                  > > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "R. R. (Robby) Robson" <rrrobson@>
                  > > wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > There was an error in uploading pages to the site and I accidentally
                  > > > uploaded the pages for the VHF RX to the Ensemble RXTX site. I have since
                  > > > corrected that and the RXTX pages are now restored to the RXTX site.
                  > > >
                  > > > Any of you who have found the wrong kit on the site, should now find the
                  > > > correct kits in the correct folders. You may need, however, to hit the
                  > > > page-refresh key (F5 on most browsers) to force th browser to reload the
                  > > > correct page.
                  > > >
                  > > > Sorry for any inconvenience.

                  > > > --
                  > > > Cheers,
                  > > > Robby
                  > > >
                  > > > Richard R. (Robby) Robson
                  > > > LTC USA (RET)
                  > > > www.wb5rvz.com
                  > > > www.wb5rvz.org
                  > > > www.rafino.org
                  > > >

                  > --
                  > Cheers,
                  > Robby
                  >
                  > Richard R. (Robby) Robson
                  > LTC USA (RET)
                  > www.wb5rvz.com
                  > www.wb5rvz.org
                  > www.rafino.org

                • KQ8M
                  Message 8 of 22 , Nov 12, 2012

                    Well, there you go. Proves how daytime TV rots the brain! HURRY…send Robby some of that English beer!

                    --

                    Cheers,

                    Robby

                    Richard R. (Robby) Robson

                    LTC USA (RET)

                  • Tim G3PJD
                    Message 9 of 22 , Nov 12, 2012
                      Sadly, when English beer reaches the US border, the FDA put stuff in it, and it comes out the other side with a Dick Van Dyke phony cockney accent and smelling faintly of lavender water . . .

                    • KQ8M
                      Message 10 of 22 , Nov 12, 2012

                        Call it printed matter. It has a label, right?

                      • Tim G3PJD
                        Message 11 of 22 , Nov 12, 2012
                          Maybe pinted matter. They'd never notice

                        • John Rabson
                          Message 12 of 22 , Nov 12, 2012
                            On 12 Nov 2012, at 19:01CET, Tim G3PJD wrote:

                            Maybe pinted matter. They'd never notice

                            Depends on what colour it's pinted.

                            John F5VLF/G3PAI
                          • g8ajm
                            Message 13 of 22 , Nov 19, 2012
                              Hi Tim

                              We have some common valve history. I have to own up to a 6V6 start, although in those days 80m CW was not exactly on offer to me. I just hope enough water has flowed under the bridge now to safely make that admission! RX was also an R1155 followed by a Hallicrafters SX24.

                              I ordered my RXTX a couple of months ago and stared at it for about 6 weeks. This weekend I got to the stage where I can receive on 40/30/20 and I'm just delighted with it. The magnifier you mention is a must and I found making the whole build on a tray very handy, as those little components often seem to make a bid for freedom; I don't remember the 6V6 ever doing that.

                              I have found the build notes faultless and the test-as-you-go regime appears to guarantee a happy ending (well, half way in my case so far) and the support here just underscores the guarantee.

                              It sounds like we might hit the ether at about the same time, so I wish you luck in the build and will look out for you if we have a band in common.

                              73
                              Chris
                              G8AJM (1965 vintage)

                              --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Tim G3PJD" <jet.noise@...> wrote:

                              > Hi Tony
                              >
                              > Nice to hear from you. I don't know that particular Hallicrafters. I started on a loaned R.1155 which was a WWll rx used in Lancaster bombers. Tx was home brew, of course, and CW as I couldn't afford a mod transformer or mic. At 15 money is a bit tight as you obviously know.
                              >
                              > My G3P call is 1961 vintage - G3R is 1962, and so on. UK calls don't follow a year by year pattern now, but they did then! My US Extra Class was obtained here in London, and I am an ARRL Accredited VE, despite only one brief trip to the US where my rig died on my first day!
                              >
                              > I followed the group for a while before ordering, but as most people are asking for help after experiencing problems I found it rather discouraging, so I ordered it anyway, and will find my own way. I am a little concerned by the lack of a specific kit building guide, but I know that such things take time and can cost money to produce. I am sure that my usual procedures will be fine.
                              >
                              > I thought it would make a change to post something upbeat, even if it is early days for me, so will keep my problem posts to a minimum!
                              >
                              > 73
                              >
                              > Tim
                              >
                              > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Parks, Tony" <kb9yig@> wrote:
                              > >
                              > > Hi Tim,
                              > >
                              > > Yes, I too started with 6V6s and 807s back in the early 50s. My first
                              > > receiver was a five tube S38C that I worked two months delivering
                              > > newspapers to buy.
                              > >
                              > > I will be 72 years old next month and have built a total of more than 100
                              > > RXTX and RX Ensemble kits this year.
                              > >
                              > > Hope the kit build goes well for you and I hope you have fun with the
                              > > little SDR transceiver.
                              > >
                              > > 73,
                              > > Tony KB9YIG

                            • Tim G3PJD
                              Message 14 of 22 , Nov 22, 2012
                                Hi Chris

                                Nice to hear from you. I missed your posting because of the way my copy of Thunderbird is configured.

                                We should indeed be QRV together soon, although I find that if I hit the ether I just go to sleep.

                                I am building for 15/12/10 mostly because I have an as yet unused Elecraft 6 metre transverter that I would like to try. Unfortunately we don't share any bands with our Softrocks, but I do have conventional tx rx capabilities

                                73

                                Tim
                                G3PJD