Re: [softrock40] LT6231 Replacement Part Description Clarification

  • cbayona.cb
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 11, 2012
      The 1st one the CS8 version is guaranteed over a 0 to 70 degree
      Centigrade range while the 2nd one the IS8 version can operate from
      -40 to +85 degree Centigrade temperature range. Otherwise they are similar.

      At 08:59 PM 11/11/2012, you wrote:

      >While placing a DigiKey order I thought I'd get some replacement
      >parts (just in case I need them) for my 20+ SoftRocks :-). Looking
      >at the LT6231, I see two distinct possibilities and am not sure
      >which one to get. Didn't see this level of detail on the
      ><http://fivedash.com/resource/LiteIIBOM.pdf>BOM.
      >
      >I have two choices:
      >
      ><http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/LT6231CS8%23PBF/LT6231CS8%23PBF-ND/888557>IC
      >OP AMP DUAL LP 3.4MA 8-SOIC
      >or
      ><http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/LT6231IS8%23PBF/LT6231IS8%23PBF-ND/962953>IC
      >OP AMP DUAL 215MHZ R-R 8-SOIC
      >
      >Anyone know which one we use?
      >
      >Thanks,
      >Dave (W4DJW)

      Cecil - k5nwa

    • Shirley Márquez Dúlcey
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 12, 2012
        On Sun, Nov 11, 2012 at 10:17 PM, cbayona.cb <CBayona@...> wrote:

        The 1st one the CS8 version is guaranteed over a 0 to 70 degree
        Centigrade range while the 2nd one the IS8 version can operate from
        -40 to +85 degree Centigrade temperature range. Otherwise they are similar.

        It's confusing because the Digikey pages give the same temperature range for both. But yes, parts with an I in the part number (Industrial temperature range, typically -40C to 85C) are usually rated for a wider range than C (Commercial, usually 0-70C or 0-85C) parts, and M (Military, -55C to 125C) parts when available cover an even wider range. The wider temperature range might have some advantage if you're planning to use your Softrock in the field, but only if all the parts in the radio are intended for the wider range, and in the standard kits they probably are not.
      • Parks, Tony
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 12, 2012
          Hi Dave,

          Please see http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/LT6231CS8%23PBF/LT6231CS8%23PBF-ND/888557

          Thanks for your many kit orders!!

          73,
          Tony KB9YIG

          On Sun, Nov 11, 2012 at 9:59 PM, Dave Watson <davewatson@...> wrote:

          While placing a DigiKey order I thought I'd get some replacement parts (just in case I need them) for my 20+ SoftRocks :-). Looking at the LT6231, I see two distinct possibilities and am not sure which one to get. Didn't see this level of detail on the BOM.

          I have two choices:

          IC OP AMP DUAL LP 3.4MA 8-SOIC

          or