crossed T1 wires on 6m/4m/2m RX Ensemble

  • Tony Parks
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 11, 2012
      Good Evening All,

      The board layout error on the 6m/4m/2m RX Ensemble board where either the primary or secondary leads of T1 needed to be crossed for best performance has now been corrected with the latest 6m/4m/2m RX Ensemble circuit board. The new circuit board, now supplied in 6m/4m/2m RX Ensemble kits, has the date 9/8/12 in the silkscreen printing on the top surface of the board.

      Thanks for your patience in letting us use up existing supplies of the older 6m/4m/2m RX Ensemble circuit board.

      Changes will be made to the RX Ensemble II board and RXTX Ensemble board when existing boards are used up.

      Thanks and 73,
      Tony KB9YIG
    • Peter W. Borders
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 11, 2012
        So anyone with a previously purchased kit needs to swap the primary leads for the transformer?

        I remember a lot of discussion about this but I didn't catch the final result.

        Either way thanks for the great kits and I eagerly await any new or different kits in the future.

        Pete B. - WB4TKA

        On Sun, Nov 11, 2012 at 7:11 PM, Tony Parks <kb9yig@...> wrote:
        Good Evening All,

        The board layout error on the 6m/4m/2m RX Ensemble board where either the primary or secondary leads of T1 needed to be crossed for best performance has now been corrected with the latest 6m/4m/2m RX Ensemble circuit board.  The new circuit board, now supplied in 6m/4m/2m RX Ensemble kits, has the date 9/8/12 in the silkscreen printing on the top surface of the board.

        Thanks for your patience in letting us use up existing supplies of the older 6m/4m/2m RX Ensemble circuit board.

        Changes will be made to the RX Ensemble II board and RXTX Ensemble board when existing boards are used up.

        Thanks and 73,
        Tony KB9YIG

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            softrock40-digest@yahoogroups.com
            softrock40-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Indra C.
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 11, 2012
          The final result:

          https://sites.google.com/site/g4zfqradio/softrock_ensemble_isolation_transformers

          ------------------------------
          Indra C.
          08:06 - 12/11/2012
          From: "Peter W. Borders" <pwborders@...>
          Sender: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2012 19:59:14 -0500
          To: <softrock40@yahoogroups.com>
          ReplyTo: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
          Subject: Re: [softrock40] crossed T1 wires on 6m/4m/2m RX Ensemble

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 11, 2012
            Thanks, that page does look familiar.

            Too many projects to keep track of, too little time. :-)

            Pete B. WB4TKA