Is the Softrock TX audio bandwidth purely software constrained?

  • Chris Wilson
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 11, 2012
      11/11/2012 14:00

      I see people running ESSB audio rate the Flex SDR stuff as having
      unconstrained audio bandwidth for transmission. With the Softrocks is
      this purely constrained by the software used, or are there any audio
      filters in the hardware? Thanks. Please don't turn this into an ESSB
      flame war, I am merely curious as to the technical side of things, and
      mainly use digital modes myself ;)

      --
      Best Regards,
      Chris Wilson. 2E0ILY
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 11, 2012
        Audio bandwidth is constrained by the sampling rate but that's not
        going to be a serious limit; even 48KHz sampling is enough for
        full-bandwidth audio. There are no filters in the design that
        constrain audio response; it's all up to the software.