Re: [softrock40] Re: Sound Card (Internal or USB) for Ensemble II HF receiver

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 10, 2012
      Subject: [softrock40] Re: Sound Card (Internal or USB) for Ensemble II HF receiver

      > You might want to try the built in soundcard, about 3 months ago I
      > bought a new MB for my sdr computer it has a Realtek ALC887 HD chipset
      > and I found it better than my Audigy 2 / USB Soundblaster XFi which I
      > was using before on the old MB.

      Yes, a lot of modern motherboard systems offer a very reasonable performance.

      73 Alan G4ZFQ
    • Leonard McGarity
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 10, 2012
        Ran into same problem with realtek on MB sound. If a stereo input, could not find it, poor documentation. Using Win 7 32 bit with SDR-Radio. Bought a M-Audio Audiophile 192 PCI card, works great, about $89. Another discussed on here has been the Delta 44 from same company, think latter has two inputs vs one on 192?  I’m fairly new to SDR, so forgive me if this has been thoroughly discussed before. Link, WV4I