Here is a good L/C meter you might want to consider

  • rifkum
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 10, 2012
      I posted this response to a qustion about measuring Toroids... but I thought I would start a new topic so others would be more likely to see it.

      I have no connection to this product... just pleased with it.

      I just bought and used one of these...

      http://www.ebay.com/itm/LC100-A-Digital-LCD-High-Precision-Inductance-Capacitanc\
      e-L-C-multimeter-Meter-/271036658278?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f1b0b3266

      to build my ensemble RX II.

      I am extremely pleased with it. Runs off of USB power (cable included) or there
      is an external power jack. The USB is only used for power, no data back to the
      computer required.

      Seems very accurate... easy to use. All the capacitors checked out as marked
      and the toroids came out as they were supposed to according to the build plans
      and number of turns.

      Be sure to zero it each time you turn it on (I zero it before each reading)

      There are several on ebay.

      I am very pleased with this one though.

      good luck
      dwight
      N7KBC
    • Russ Ramirez

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 10, 2012
          Hey Russ,

          I just noticed something...

          when you ZERO the LC meter, if you hold the ZERO button down and keep holding it down after it shows "OK" it will then show "<Data Saved>" on the display. Which seems to store the new ZERO point in memory.

          My unit did not come with any instructions and I was wondering if it was possible to save the ZERO point. Well, it lookes like there is!!

          Dwight
          N7KBC

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 10, 2012
            Same here. Thanks for pointing that out.

            Russ

            On Sat, Nov 10, 2012 at 3:16 PM, rifkum <rifkum@...> wrote:

            Hey Russ,

            I just noticed something...

            when you ZERO the LC meter, if you hold the ZERO button down and keep holding it down after it shows "OK" it will then show "<Data Saved>" on the display. Which seems to store the new ZERO point in memory.

            My unit did not come with any instructions and I was wondering if it was possible to save the ZERO point. Well, it lookes like there is!!

            Dwight
            N7KBC

            --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Russ Ramirez <russ.ramirez@...> wrote:

            > I have the same unit, it has been excellent and verified by other units for
            > accuracy and anecdotally through use.
            >
            > Russ

          • Malti
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 11, 2012
              This LCR meter has been reviewed by N5ESE, and looks promising, but it seems the company has gone bust !

               Its the  M-Cubed LCRZ Meter

              Paul

              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 11, 2012
                --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Malti <pawlud@...> wrote:

                > This LCR meter has been reviewed by N5ESE, and looks promising, but it
                > seems the company has gone bust !
                >
                > Its the M-Cubed LCRZ Meter
                >
                > Paul

                Paul,

                I think you must have posted in the wrong topic.
                This meter is available on EBay as we speak.
                It is NOT the M-Cubed LCRZ meter.

                dwight