Re: Measuring toroids inductance

  • yl2gqn
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 10, 2012
      Hello Paul,

      I'm use PC based software with very simple circuit. The accuracy is absolutely enough for radio amateurs.

      Original article is here: http://www.sillanumsoft.org/ZRLC.htm
      Schematic can be grab from article on Italian: http://www.marucchi.it/ZRLC_web/INTERFACCIA_ZRLC_p.pdf

      Regards,
      Andy. YL2QN

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "pauldebono@..." <pawlud@...> wrote:

      > A few years ago, I came across a Russian inductance meter kit.
      > Mnay designers claim to be the best one around for accurancy.
      >
      > Anyone has the details please ?
      > Many of the popular meters around are dubious about accuracy, because inductance is not measured at RF, but anything but RF !
      >
      > Paul

    • rifkum
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 10, 2012
        I just bought and used one of these...

        http://www.ebay.com/itm/LC100-A-Digital-LCD-High-Precision-Inductance-Capacitance-L-C-multimeter-Meter-/271036658278?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f1b0b3266

        to build my ensemble RX II.

        I am extremely pleased with it. Runs off of USB power (cable included) or there is an external power jack. The USB is only used for power, no data back to the computer required.

        Seems very accurate... easy to use. All the capacitors checked out as marked and the toroids came out as they were supposed to according to the build plans and number of turns.

        Be sure to zero it each time you turn it on (I zero it before each reading)

        There are several on ebay.

        I am very pleased with this one though.

        good luck
        dwight
        N7KBC
      • Zack Widup

          Message 4 of 14 , Nov 10, 2012
            Helo everybody.

            I also bought one of these on ebay.
            I posted a video showing that this device working.
            Softrock VHF RX Ensemble II 8/10 (T2 Wind) - http://youtu.be/3zKYe7ak-2U

            73.
            PU2CLR.
            Ricardo.