Sound Card (Internal or USB) for Ensemble II HF receiver

  • jfail11
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 10, 2012
      I just bought a built Ensemble II HF Receiver from Tony. I would appreciate any input on a good Internal or USB sound card for use with my PC and the receiver. I notice that most USB sound cards don't have a stereo line input which apparently is required for the receiver.

      I don't trust the on board Realtek sound system on my PC motherboard and would prefer to go with an internal PCI Express x1 card or an external USB card.

      Looking forward to recommendations.

      Thanks

      John KL7GRF
    • MIKE DURKIN
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 10, 2012
        You didn't look very hard for USB with stereo line in ...
        Its been discussed before ..

        My cheap choice was a CM106 clone ..

        Mike KC7NOA

        To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 10, 2012
          Hi John,

          You might want to try the built in soundcard, about 3 months ago I
          bought a new MB for my sdr computer it has a Realtek ALC887 HD chipset
          and I found it better than my Audigy 2 / USB Soundblaster XFi which I
          was using before on the old MB.

          Kelvin

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 10, 2012

            > You might want to try the built in soundcard, about 3 months ago I
            > bought a new MB for my sdr computer it has a Realtek ALC887 HD chipset
            > and I found it better than my Audigy 2 / USB Soundblaster XFi which I
            > was using before on the old MB.

            Yes, a lot of modern motherboard systems offer a very reasonable performance.

            73 Alan G4ZFQ
          • Leonard McGarity
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 10, 2012
              Ran into same problem with realtek on MB sound. If a stereo input, could not find it, poor documentation. Using Win 7 32 bit with SDR-Radio. Bought a M-Audio Audiophile 192 PCI card, works great, about $89. Another discussed on here has been the Delta 44 from same company, think latter has two inputs vs one on 192?  I’m fairly new to SDR, so forgive me if this has been thoroughly discussed before. Link, WV4I