Re: Ensemble RxTx: Low Power output

  • dg3sbm
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 8, 2012
      Alan -
      here todays measuements using your page update:
      Playing around I tuned to 14 MHz (instead 21 MHz). The figures are:

      - Ends of T2 primary 0V7 (!) the "right" level
      - T2 secondary 1V0 (0V4 on 21 MHz)
      - Junction L1, C21 0V7
      - Q6 Emitter and Base 0V25

      Could there be a problem with T2?
      Glad for any idea -

      TU and 73 de Markus, dg3sbm

      > > The kit is built for 15/12/10m.
      >
      > Markus,
      >
      > My figures were taken at 80m frequencies so will not compare too well with your band selection.
      >
      > > Using your link and setting the soundcard up your way I measured the following levels (all peak to peak):
      > >
      > > - end of T2 Primary 0V4
      > > - T2 secondary 0V4
      > > - Junction of L1 and C21 0V4
      > > - Q6 Emitter and Base 0V4
      > > - Collector Q6 1V2
      > > - T3 primary 1V2
      > > - T3 secondary each end 0V9
      > > - T4 primary each end 0V9
      > > - T4 secondary 4V8
      >
      > Yes, Q6 and Q7/8 do seem to be working.
      >
      > > I suppose the problem to be somewhere between U8 and the driver section.
      >
      > If the two different ranges can be compared, yes. My figures show a voltage increase after L1/C2 but will 10m be the same?
      > Later... I have checked my 6.3 and put my findings for 10m on my page.
      > <http://sites.google.com/site/g4zfqradio/levels-measured-in-a-softrock-tx> I do see higher readings after L1/C2.
      > But do not expect too much on 10m.
      >
      > 73 Alan G4ZFQ

    • dg3sbm
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 31, 2013
        Hi -
        the problem seems to be solved.
        Really (!) scratch the wires of the transformers (here: T4) carefully (!)

        Markus, dg3sbm