Re: [softrock40] RXTX V6.2 versus V6.3

  • John Williams
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 8, 2012
      Page 21 of the pdf are the interface info. I do not know if the board
      will support the new attny 85, but that would be a good enhancement...

      http://www.sdr-kits.net/V203build.pdf

      John - ke5ssh

      --

      John Williams

      KE5SSH - ham since 2007
      WQKA523 - GMRS for family use on the farm
    • cbayona
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 8, 2012
        It will work fine with the QRP2000 board, version 15.15 has a few
        improvements and corrections..

        At 11:46 AM 11/8/2012, you wrote:
        >Page 21 of the pdf are the interface info. I do not know if the board
        >will support the new attny 85, but that would be a good enhancement...
        >
        >http://www.sdr-kits.net/V203build.pdf
        >
        >John - ke5ssh
        >

        >On 11/8/2012 10:25 AM, Chris Wilson wrote:
        > > Just had a quick look at the web site, thanks for that. I couldn't see
        > > any earlier posts re the V6.1 or 6.2, but only had a quick scan
        > > through the messages, sorry.
        >
        >--
        >
        >John Williams
        >
        >KE5SSH - ham since 2007
        >WQKA523 - GMRS for family use on the farm

        --
        Cecil - k5nwa
        http://www.softrockradio.org/ http://thepartsplace.k5nwa.com/

      • Chris Wilson
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 8, 2012

          > Page 21 of the pdf are the interface info. I do not know if the board
          > will support the new attny 85, but that would be a good enhancement...

          > http://www.sdr-kits.net/V203build.pdf

          > John - ke5ssh

          Thanks John, page 3 of the pdf says ATTiny 45 or ATTiny 85, so should
          be OK :) Are there any other major performance differences, once the
          Xtal control is bypassed, between V6.2 and V6.3? Thanks to you, Alan
          and cbayona for the info.

          08/11/2012 21:43

          --
          Best Regards,
          Chris Wilson. 2E0ILY
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 8, 2012
            Subject: Re: [softrock40] RXTX V6.2 versus V6.3

            page 3 of the pdf says ATTiny 45 or ATTiny 85, so should
            > be OK :)

            It really needs to be an 85 with Fred's firmware. He made several significant improvements.

            >Are there any other major performance differences, once the
            > Xtal control is bypassed, between V6.2 and V6.3?

            None, they are all the same as the current Ensemble.

            73 Alan G4ZFQ
          • Chris Wilson
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 8, 2012

              > Subject: Re: [softrock40] RXTX V6.2 versus V6.3

              > page 3 of the pdf says ATTiny 45 or ATTiny 85, so should
              >> be OK

              > It really needs to be an 85 with Fred's firmware. He made several significant improvements.

              >>Are there any other major performance differences, once the
              >> Xtal control is bypassed, between V6.2 and V6.3?

              > None, they are all the same as the current Ensemble.

              > 73 Alan G4ZFQ

              08/11/2012 22:39

              Excellent, looking forward to building it. This may be the push I need
              to try programming the two or three blank ATTiny 85's I got a while
              back. I'll wait for the V6.2 kit to land and then order the
              synthesizer kit. These things are addictive! Cheers Alan.

              --
              Best Regards,
              Chris Wilson. 2E0ILY