Re: ATU for ensemble rxtx

  • kk4dcf
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 8, 2012
      Should I be able to run the tuner by just going into cfgsdr and hitting the PTT under test? Doing this or using Tune in powersdr, the T1 doesn't respond. Just flashes for a few seconds then off.

      Thanks,
      James.

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "kk4dcf" <oohay@...> wrote:

      > I've been trying to get on the air as cheap as possible so I was hoping I wouldn't need an ATU but it seems unavoidable.
      >
      > I'm about to pull the trigger on the elecraft T1 and wanted to get some opinions on whether this would be an acceptable pair (ensemble and T1). I picked it mainly because it can report swr and should hold its value well if I ever decide to sell it. I don't have an swr meter.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > James.

    • vbifyz
      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 8, 2012
        No, PTT by itself is not enough. You need a tone to be applied from the TX soundcard output to the Softrock. The output power is proportional to this audio signal. No audio - no RF output.

        I use this setup (RTXT+T1 ATU) for WSPR, so I press the button on T1 when WSPR begins transmitting.

        73, Mike