Re: [softrock40] RXTX V6.2 versus V6.3

    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 8, 2012
      Subject: Re: [softrock40] RXTX V6.2 versus V6.3

      > "Frequency Range Kit 1: 3.5 MHz to 210 MHz for Kit 1 (10-160 Mhz
      > specified by Silabs) and Kit 2: 3.5 MHz up to 280 MHz (10-280 MHz)
      > specified by SiLab for C-grade LVDS device supplied) New!! New!!
      > Si570BBB Device up to 945 MHz (810 MHz specified by Silabs)
      > available!"
      >
      > Does this mean the kit won't work down to 1.8 MHz?

      Chris,

      That is the Si570 frequency, not /4 frequency.
      It is probably best to fit the Softrock ATTiny 85 to this kit so you get all the later functions.

      73 Alan G4ZFQ
    • John Williams
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 8, 2012
        Page 21 of the pdf are the interface info. I do not know if the board
        will support the new attny 85, but that would be a good enhancement...

        http://www.sdr-kits.net/V203build.pdf

        John - ke5ssh

        --

        John Williams

        KE5SSH - ham since 2007
        WQKA523 - GMRS for family use on the farm
      • cbayona
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 8, 2012
          It will work fine with the QRP2000 board, version 15.15 has a few
          improvements and corrections..

          At 11:46 AM 11/8/2012, you wrote:
          >Page 21 of the pdf are the interface info. I do not know if the board
          >will support the new attny 85, but that would be a good enhancement...
          >
          >http://www.sdr-kits.net/V203build.pdf
          >
          >John - ke5ssh
          >

          >On 11/8/2012 10:25 AM, Chris Wilson wrote:
          > > Just had a quick look at the web site, thanks for that. I couldn't see
          > > any earlier posts re the V6.1 or 6.2, but only had a quick scan
          > > through the messages, sorry.
          >
          >--
          >
          >John Williams
          >
          >KE5SSH - ham since 2007
          >WQKA523 - GMRS for family use on the farm

          --
          Cecil - k5nwa
          http://www.softrockradio.org/ http://thepartsplace.k5nwa.com/

        • Chris Wilson
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 8, 2012

            > Page 21 of the pdf are the interface info. I do not know if the board
            > will support the new attny 85, but that would be a good enhancement...

            > http://www.sdr-kits.net/V203build.pdf

            > John - ke5ssh

            Thanks John, page 3 of the pdf says ATTiny 45 or ATTiny 85, so should
            be OK :) Are there any other major performance differences, once the
            Xtal control is bypassed, between V6.2 and V6.3? Thanks to you, Alan
            and cbayona for the info.

            08/11/2012 21:43

            --
            Best Regards,
            Chris Wilson. 2E0ILY
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 8, 2012

              page 3 of the pdf says ATTiny 45 or ATTiny 85, so should
              > be OK :)

              It really needs to be an 85 with Fred's firmware. He made several significant improvements.

              >Are there any other major performance differences, once the
              > Xtal control is bypassed, between V6.2 and V6.3?

              None, they are all the same as the current Ensemble.

              73 Alan G4ZFQ
            • Chris Wilson
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 8, 2012

                > Subject: Re: [softrock40] RXTX V6.2 versus V6.3

                > page 3 of the pdf says ATTiny 45 or ATTiny 85, so should
                >> be OK

                > It really needs to be an 85 with Fred's firmware. He made several significant improvements.

                >>Are there any other major performance differences, once the
                >> Xtal control is bypassed, between V6.2 and V6.3?

                > None, they are all the same as the current Ensemble.

                > 73 Alan G4ZFQ

                08/11/2012 22:39

                Excellent, looking forward to building it. This may be the push I need
                to try programming the two or three blank ATTiny 85's I got a while
                back. I'll wait for the V6.2 kit to land and then order the
                synthesizer kit. These things are addictive! Cheers Alan.

                --
                Best Regards,
                Chris Wilson. 2E0ILY