Re: RXTX Ensemble RF I/O Switching R 50 value.

  • Ed
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 8, 2012
      Thanks Tony for the rapid reply. I was certain that it could NOT be as shown in the WB5RVZ BOM. The resistor is stated as Red Red Brown Gold ie 22.1 Ohm ?? Ok Tony I normally do not use any builders notes but always build from the circuit diagram. 22 k Ohm it is !

      Thanks for a great range of kits. Ed GM3SBC

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Parks, Tony" <kb9yig@...> wrote:

      > Hi Ed,
      >
      > R50 is 22.1k as shown on the schematic.
      >
      > Hope the kit build goes well for you.
      >
      > 73,
      > Tony KB9YIG
      >
      > On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 6:20 AM, Ed <ed.murphy31@...> wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > Hello,
      > > Could someone clarify the value of R50 in the above . WB5RVZ notes in the
      > > BOM shows a 22.1 Ohm the circuit diagram shows 22.1 K. On another note , it
      > > would be great if the BOM gave the circuit designator.
      > > Regards Ed GM3SBC

    • R. R. (Robby) Robson
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 8, 2012
        The 22.1 ohm resistor is R37.  R50 is 22.1k and was installed (if you were following the build notes, stage-by-stage) in the Power Supply stage as a convenient point to connect test leads to ground.

        I shall annotate the schematic in the RF I/O, Switching stage to reflect the fact that R50 was already installed.

        The reason there are no component designators in the stage BOM is because I wanted to reflect counts in the BOM.

        You can also always go to the "Inventory" page or the "Components By Stage" page to get a kit-wide overview of components and their associated build stages.

        --
        Cheers,
        Robby

        Richard R. (Robby) Robson
        LTC USA (RET)

      • wfahle
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 8, 2012
          Hey, Robby, I just want to take the time again to thank you for your hard work such as this to create and update the instructions. Here are some notes from my build (I'm a novice, and I did manage to get through it eventually, but the things I learned about troubleshooting might be helpful to others).
          http://www.reddit.com/r/amateurradio/comments/119567/ok_i_got_my_softrock_rxtx_ensemble_kit_any/

          --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "R. R. (Robby) Robson" <rrrobson@...> wrote:

          > The 22.1 ohm resistor is R37. R50 is 22.1k and was installed (if you were
          > following the build notes, stage-by-stage) in the Power Supply stage as a
          > convenient point to connect test leads to ground.
          >
          > I shall annotate the schematic in the RF I/O, Switching stage to reflect
          > the fact that R50 was already installed.
          >
          > The reason there are no component designators in the stage BOM is because I
          > wanted to reflect counts in the BOM.
          >
          > You can also always go to the "Inventory"
          > page<http://www.wb5rvz.com/sdr/ensemble/Inventory.htm>or the
          > "Components
          > By Stage" page <http://www.wb5rvz.com/sdr/ensemble/designations.htm> to get
          > a kit-wide overview of components and their associated build stages.
          >
          > On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 5:24 AM, Parks, Tony <kb9yig@...> wrote:
          >
          > > **
          > >

          > > Hi Ed,
          > >
          > > R50 is 22.1k as shown on the schematic.
          > >
          > > Hope the kit build goes well for you.
          > >
          > > 73,
          > > Tony KB9YIG
          > >

          > > On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 6:20 AM, Ed <ed.murphy31@...> wrote:
          > >
          > >> **
          > >>

          > >> Hello,
          > >> Could someone clarify the value of R50 in the above . WB5RVZ notes in the
          > >> BOM shows a 22.1 Ohm the circuit diagram shows 22.1 K. On another note , it
          > >> would be great if the BOM gave the circuit designator.
          > >> Regards Ed GM3SBC
          > >>

          > --
          > Cheers,
          > Robby
          >
          > Richard R. (Robby) Robson
          > LTC USA (RET)
          > www.wb5rvz.com
          > www.wb5rvz.org
          > www.rafino.org

        • R. R. (Robby) Robson
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 8, 2012
            Bill:

            Thank you and thanks for that great set of "blow-by-blow" encounters with the kit.

            I have taken the liberty to plug in a link to those comments on the home page for the kit.

            --
            Cheers,
            Robby

            Richard R. (Robby) Robson
            LTC USA (RET)

          • wfahle
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 8, 2012
              Good deal. I hope it is helpful. I obviously used your notes to build by; I never could have done it from the schematic, although now I feel I could.