Re: [softrock40] Re: Ensemble RxTx: Low Power output

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 8, 2012
      Subject: [softrock40] Re: Ensemble RxTx: Low Power output

      > The kit is built for 15/12/10m.

      Markus,

      My figures were taken at 80m frequencies so will not compare too well with your band selection.

      > Using your link and setting the soundcard up your way I measured the following levels (all peak to peak):
      >
      > - end of T2 Primary 0V4
      > - T2 secondary 0V4
      > - Junction of L1 and C21 0V4
      > - Q6 Emitter and Base 0V4
      > - Collector Q6 1V2
      > - T3 primary 1V2
      > - T3 secondary each end 0V9
      > - T4 primary each end 0V9
      > - T4 secondary 4V8

      Yes, Q6 and Q7/8 do seem to be working.

      > I suppose the problem to be somewhere between U8 and the driver section.

      If the two different ranges can be compared, yes. My figures show a voltage increase after L1/C2 but will 10m be the same?
      Later... I have checked my 6.3 and put my findings for 10m on my page.
      <http://sites.google.com/site/g4zfqradio/levels-measured-in-a-softrock-tx> I do see higher readings after L1/C2.
      But do not expect too much on 10m.

      73 Alan G4ZFQ
    • dg3sbm
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 8, 2012
        Alan -
        here todays measuements using your page update:
        Playing around I tuned to 14 MHz (instead 21 MHz). The figures are:

        - Ends of T2 primary 0V7 (!) the "right" level
        - T2 secondary 1V0 (0V4 on 21 MHz)
        - Junction L1, C21 0V7
        - Q6 Emitter and Base 0V25

        Could there be a problem with T2?
        Glad for any idea -

        TU and 73 de Markus, dg3sbm

        > > The kit is built for 15/12/10m.
        >
        > Markus,
        >
        > My figures were taken at 80m frequencies so will not compare too well with your band selection.
        >
        > > Using your link and setting the soundcard up your way I measured the following levels (all peak to peak):
        > >
        > > - end of T2 Primary 0V4
        > > - T2 secondary 0V4
        > > - Junction of L1 and C21 0V4
        > > - Q6 Emitter and Base 0V4
        > > - Collector Q6 1V2
        > > - T3 primary 1V2
        > > - T3 secondary each end 0V9
        > > - T4 primary each end 0V9
        > > - T4 secondary 4V8
        >
        > Yes, Q6 and Q7/8 do seem to be working.
        >
        > > I suppose the problem to be somewhere between U8 and the driver section.
        >
        > If the two different ranges can be compared, yes. My figures show a voltage increase after L1/C2 but will 10m be the same?
        > Later... I have checked my 6.3 and put my findings for 10m on my page.
        > <http://sites.google.com/site/g4zfqradio/levels-measured-in-a-softrock-tx> I do see higher readings after L1/C2.
        > But do not expect too much on 10m.
        >
        > 73 Alan G4ZFQ

      • dg3sbm
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 31, 2013
          Hi -
          the problem seems to be solved.
          Really (!) scratch the wires of the transformers (here: T4) carefully (!)

          Markus, dg3sbm