Re: [softrock40] identifying the toroids in the Ensemble RXTX kit

  • Russ Ramirez
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 7, 2012
      Yes. They are size in English fractional decimal units, so T25 is 1/4" or about the diameter of a wooden pencil, and the T37 is about 3/8", or about the diameter of a piece of chalk - if you're old enough to remember that.

      On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 3:37 PM, pauldebono@... <pawlud@...> wrote:

      My option is for 20 and 40 meters.
      I can sort the yellow toroids, but as I do not have a caliper to measure the exact od, and confirm completely. I do not like to have to unsolder coils.

      The yellow toroids are packed as small, medium and large.
      So, can I assume that T37-6 is the medium
      And T25-6 is the smallest
      Am I correct ?

      Paul

    • KQ8M
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 7, 2012

        T37 is the largest, The T30 is the medium and the T25 is the smallest.

        73,

        Tim Herrick, KQ8M

        Charter Member North Coast Contesters

        kq8m@...

        AR-Cluster V6 kq8m.no-ip.org

        I can sort the yellow toroids, but as I do not have a caliper to measure the exact od, and confirm completely. I do not like to have to unsolder coils.

        The yellow toroids are packed as small, medium and large.
        So, can I assume that T37-6 is the medium
        And T25-6 is the smallest
        Am I correct ?

        Paul

      • R. R. (Robby) Robson

          --
          Cheers,
          Robby

          Richard R. (Robby) Robson
          LTC USA (RET)

        • R. R. (Robby) Robson

            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 7, 2012
              Hi, Paul

              Pse refer to the URL bellow.
              http://toroids.info/

              You are able to get very usefull info, such as size,freq range
              ,inductance,.. etc.

              DE JA1TLH/Taka