RE: [softrock40] identifying the toroids in the Ensemble RXTX kit

  • Anthony Casorso
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 7, 2012

       You are correct. The T37 cores are .37 inches in diameter. The T25 cores are .25 inches in diameter.

      Tony

      To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
      From: pawlud@...
      Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 21:37:35 +0000
      Subject: [softrock40] identifying the toroids in the Ensemble RXTX kit

      My option is for 20 and 40 meters.
      I can sort the yellow toroids, but as I do not have a caliper to measure the exact od, and confirm completely. I do not like to have to unsolder coils.

      The yellow toroids are packed as small, medium and large.
      So, can I assume that T37-6 is the medium
      And T25-6 is the smallest
      Am I correct ?

      Paul

    • Russ Ramirez

        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 7, 2012

          T37 is the largest, The T30 is the medium and the T25 is the smallest.

          73,

          Tim Herrick, KQ8M

          Charter Member North Coast Contesters

          kq8m@...

          AR-Cluster V6 kq8m.no-ip.org

          I can sort the yellow toroids, but as I do not have a caliper to measure the exact od, and confirm completely. I do not like to have to unsolder coils.

          The yellow toroids are packed as small, medium and large.
          So, can I assume that T37-6 is the medium
          And T25-6 is the smallest
          Am I correct ?

          Paul

        • R. R. (Robby) Robson

            --
            Cheers,
            Robby

            Richard R. (Robby) Robson
            LTC USA (RET)

          • R. R. (Robby) Robson

              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 7, 2012
                Hi, Paul

                Pse refer to the URL bellow.
                http://toroids.info/

                You are able to get very usefull info, such as size,freq range
                ,inductance,.. etc.

                DE JA1TLH/Taka