Re: [softrock40] Re: Up and running on RXTX, wanting to run straight-key

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 7, 2012
      Subject: [softrock40] Re: Up and running on RXTX, wanting to run straight-key

      > Well no one answered back this post either, is this thing on?

      I see lc_hdsdr replied to a HDSDR question recently but as you did not have HDSDR in the subject maybe it was missed. A direct email
      is encouraged on thir web page.
      I do not think CW is fully implemented, maybe I've missed something but it seems to me the only way so far is to connect your key
      across the Return key on the keyboard..

      I've seen a lot on other groups about CW with PSDR, I think there is a lot of information in the links and files section of the
      PSDR-IQ group.
      And I'm sure someone said serial port is best for low delays.

      73 Alan G4ZFQ

      >Heh. I did figure out how to use the straight key in powersdr if anyone is interested. I am running 2.4.4 with the mod for homemade
      >sdr's, and I cut into a stereo mic cord and set it up so that the closed key shorts the very tip to the other end, and it seems to
      >respond in Powersdr as a dash in iambic mode, then when I uncheck iambic it works. Shorting the center to ground makes a dit in
      >iambic mode, but does nothing in unchecked mode. Still no reply to my CQ though, because I think my antenna is insufficient for
      >transmit. I was unable to reduce the SDR below infinite even with a tuner.

    • wfahle
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 7, 2012
        Ok thanks. I think I need to download the source for HDSDR and get to work. I'll post any progress made here.