Re: Ensemble II with HDSDR for 30M QRSS??

  • lc_hdsdr
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 6, 2012
      Hi Bob,

      you can zoom in the upper (RF) spectrum with Ctrl + '+' ; zoom out with Ctrl + '-' keys.
      The lower (AF/Audio) spectrum is zoomed with Shift + '+' ; and zoomed out with Shift + '-' keys.

      While zooming you may also realize the Zoom sliders, where you can directly zoom in/out with the mouse.
      For a higher frequency resolution you should check / reduce the RBW.

      Please report your opinion on these independent zooms: optical zoom and frequency resolution (RBW)! Of course also report if you are missing anything for QRSS operation.

      kind regards,
      LC

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Bob" <bobc784@...> wrote:

      > I'd like to use an Ensemble RX and HDSDR for 30M QRSS beacon work.
      > RX not TX. I have loaded HDSDR and played around with it a bit but
      > don't see how to get it to display a very small segment of a band,
      > like 100Hz wide used for 30M QRSS. Is there a way with HDSDR ( or some other SDR app ) to spread out a 100Hz band segment? Programs like
      > ARGO do this but they are looking at the audio spectrum.
      > Any ideas how I can do this??
      >
      > TNX!....Bob....WA1EDJ

    • Chris Wilson
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 6, 2012

        > I'd like to use an Ensemble RX and HDSDR for 30M QRSS beacon work.
        > RX not TX. I have loaded HDSDR and played around with it a bit but
        > don't see how to get it to display a very small segment of a band,
        > like 100Hz wide used for 30M QRSS. Is there a way with HDSDR ( or
        > some other SDR app ) to spread out a 100Hz band segment? Programs like
        > ARGO do this but they are looking at the audio spectrum.
        > Any ideas how I can do this??

        > TNX!....Bob....WA1EDJ

        06/11/2012 23:29

        If you have a look at my screenshot at

        http://www.gatesgarth.com/zoom.jpg

        you can see the zoom slider and its
        effect. that should do just what you need. Good luck.

        --
        Best Regards,
        Chris Wilson. 2E0ILY
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 7, 2012
          Thanks for the tips!....At this point I've got a PC running HDSDR with
          a Tascam US-144MK II interface. Seems to be stable after about 2 days
          of running.
          I do have a older Softrock 40 that I'll try this out on, though it
          won't be on any QRSS band segments. Long term I've got an Ensemble II
          kit on the way for
          more serious use. Thanks for all the tips, I may have some questions
          once I get into it deeper......Bob....WA1EDJ......