Ensemble II with HDSDR for 30M QRSS??

  • Bob
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 6, 2012
      I'd like to use an Ensemble RX and HDSDR for 30M QRSS beacon work.
      RX not TX. I have loaded HDSDR and played around with it a bit but
      don't see how to get it to display a very small segment of a band,
      like 100Hz wide used for 30M QRSS. Is there a way with HDSDR ( or some other SDR app ) to spread out a 100Hz band segment? Programs like
      ARGO do this but they are looking at the audio spectrum.
      Any ideas how I can do this??

      TNX!....Bob....WA1EDJ
    • lc_hdsdr
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 6, 2012
        Hi Bob,

        you can zoom in the upper (RF) spectrum with Ctrl + '+' ; zoom out with Ctrl + '-' keys.
        The lower (AF/Audio) spectrum is zoomed with Shift + '+' ; and zoomed out with Shift + '-' keys.

        While zooming you may also realize the Zoom sliders, where you can directly zoom in/out with the mouse.
        For a higher frequency resolution you should check / reduce the RBW.

        Please report your opinion on these independent zooms: optical zoom and frequency resolution (RBW)! Of course also report if you are missing anything for QRSS operation.

        kind regards,
        LC

        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Bob" <bobc784@...> wrote:

        > I'd like to use an Ensemble RX and HDSDR for 30M QRSS beacon work.
        > RX not TX. I have loaded HDSDR and played around with it a bit but
        > don't see how to get it to display a very small segment of a band,
        > like 100Hz wide used for 30M QRSS. Is there a way with HDSDR ( or some other SDR app ) to spread out a 100Hz band segment? Programs like
        > ARGO do this but they are looking at the audio spectrum.
        > Any ideas how I can do this??
        >
        > TNX!....Bob....WA1EDJ

      • Chris Wilson
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 6, 2012

          > I'd like to use an Ensemble RX and HDSDR for 30M QRSS beacon work.
          > RX not TX. I have loaded HDSDR and played around with it a bit but
          > don't see how to get it to display a very small segment of a band,
          > like 100Hz wide used for 30M QRSS. Is there a way with HDSDR ( or
          > some other SDR app ) to spread out a 100Hz band segment? Programs like
          > ARGO do this but they are looking at the audio spectrum.
          > Any ideas how I can do this??

          > TNX!....Bob....WA1EDJ

          06/11/2012 23:29

          If you have a look at my screenshot at

          http://www.gatesgarth.com/zoom.jpg

          you can see the zoom slider and its
          effect. that should do just what you need. Good luck.

          --
          Best Regards,
          Chris Wilson. 2E0ILY
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 7, 2012
            Thanks for the tips!....At this point I've got a PC running HDSDR with
            a Tascam US-144MK II interface. Seems to be stable after about 2 days
            of running.
            I do have a older Softrock 40 that I'll try this out on, though it
            won't be on any QRSS band segments. Long term I've got an Ensemble II
            kit on the way for
            more serious use. Thanks for all the tips, I may have some questions
            once I get into it deeper......Bob....WA1EDJ......