Want to buy Ensemble Transceiver

  • k4lja
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 5, 2012
      Hello Everyone: I am new to this group. My call is K4LJA, my name is Randy, I have been a ham more than 50-years and I live in Monroe, Louisiana.

      I do about 95-percent QRP cw .. mainly on 40 and 20 meters.

      I am interested in acquiring an Ensemble transceiver -- hopefully the one that covers 40, 30 and 20 meters. I'm 72 now and don't think I would be able to build one from the kit. But if anyone would like to sell a working unit --- I would be interested in buying it if I can afford it.

      Thank you for letting me join your Yahoo group --- it's very nice. Randy K4LJA
    • kk4dcf
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 5, 2012
        If I was more confident in my soldering skills, I'd sell you mine. I've been tempted to switch to a peaberry but I don't feel comfortable selling my ensemble until I redo some of the soldering and put it through its paces. That isn't likely to happen for a few more weeks.

        If I get to that point and you're still looking, we can work something out.

        James.

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 5, 2012
          James -- thanks. If I can come up with the cash -- I'll likely still be interested. Regardless -- yes -- please keep me in mind and give me a holler. I can still solder fairly well -- but if I direct enough light on a project --- all the shiny stuff is just sort of a glare. Depth perception is weak, too. However -- it's all better than the alternative. 72/73 es thanks.
          Randy K4LJA
          ----------------------------------

          --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "kk4dcf" <oohay@...> wrote:

          > If I was more confident in my soldering skills, I'd sell you mine. I've been tempted to switch to a peaberry but I don't feel comfortable selling my ensemble until I redo some of the soldering and put it through its paces. That isn't likely to happen for a few more weeks.
          >
          > If I get to that point and you're still looking, we can work something out.
          >
          > James.
          >
          > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "k4lja" <k4lja@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hello Everyone: I am new to this group. My call is K4LJA, my name is Randy, I have been a ham more than 50-years and I live in Monroe, Louisiana.
          > >
          > > I do about 95-percent QRP cw .. mainly on 40 and 20 meters.
          > >
          > > I am interested in acquiring an Ensemble transceiver -- hopefully the one that covers 40, 30 and 20 meters. I'm 72 now and don't think I would be able to build one from the kit. But if anyone would like to sell a working unit --- I would be interested in buying it if I can afford it.
          > >
          > > Thank you for letting me join your Yahoo group --- it's very nice. Randy K4LJA

        • wfahle
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 5, 2012
            I too may switch over to a peaberry depending on how this works with dual-soundcard option. I will warn you this was my first build and had "issues" so I wouldn't be comfortable selling it for even what I have in it, but I'll make sure it works first. It receives but I haven't tried transmit yet. I have built the 40/30/20 txrx ensemble.

            --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "k4lja" <k4lja@...> wrote:

            > Hello Everyone: I am new to this group. My call is K4LJA, my name is Randy, I have been a ham more than 50-years and I live in Monroe, Louisiana.
            >
            > I do about 95-percent QRP cw .. mainly on 40 and 20 meters.
            >
            > I am interested in acquiring an Ensemble transceiver -- hopefully the one that covers 40, 30 and 20 meters. I'm 72 now and don't think I would be able to build one from the kit. But if anyone would like to sell a working unit --- I would be interested in buying it if I can afford it.
            >
            > Thank you for letting me join your Yahoo group --- it's very nice. Randy K4LJA

          • BD
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 5, 2012
              Hi Randy!

              If you don't have any luck buying a built model, I would be happy to build one for you. I'm 60, but still love building and have done a few for other list members. You buy the kit, ship it to me and I put it together for you. No charge to any ham in need of a hand and a soldering iron.

              73,
              Brent DeWitt, AB1LF
              Milford, MA

              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 6, 2012
                Brent DeWitt, AB1LF --

                Thanks much for your kind and generous offer. However -- I have made arrangements to purchase a new assembled unit. But I would still welcome hearing any Hints N' Tips your care to offer on the care and feeding of the Ensemble for the new owner.

                Again Brent -- and all the others who made similar offerings --- Thanks very much I do appreciate you and look forward to joining your ranks soon.

                Randy K4LJA