Re: [softrock40] Ensemble II

    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 4, 2012
      ----- Original Message -----
      Subject: Re: [softrock40] Ensemble II

      >, the 6.1 and 6.2 work fine, accepting the limited band
      > coverage.

      Yes, there is no problem, they are almost exactly the same circuitry as the Ensemble.
      A crystal with the right frequency may be ideal for data modes. The signal purity may be better than an Si570, no worse .
      A Si570 may be added using a SDRKits generator, preferably fitting a Softrock-programmed ATTiny85 rather than the one supplied.

      73 Alan G4ZFQ
    • G0ORH
      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 14, 2013
        Hi guys
        A quick question!
        Is anyone running the softRock RX ensemble II 10 - 160m kit, work as a panadapter with the K3 IF, if so, what mods if any are required in setting it up!!

        Cheers

        Ken G0ORH
      • Chris Wilson
        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 14, 2013

          > Hi guys
          > A quick question!
          > Is anyone running the softRock RX ensemble II 10 - 160m kit, work
          > as a panadapter with the K3 IF, if so, what mods if any are required in setting it up!!

          > Cheers

          > Ken G0ORH

          14/08/2013 15:30

          I believe there's a whole, detailed, article on the web about this
          combination and how to set it up, I think I read it when looking at
          using a panadaptor with a Kenwood TS-590 If I can find it I'll post
          here or mail the link. Good luck.

          --
          Best Regards,
          Chris Wilson. 2E0ILY
          Message 4 of 15 , Aug 14, 2013
            Hi Chris
            Did a search but couldn't find anything on it.

            Would be great if something shows up though.

            Cheers

            Ken...G0ORH

            --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Chris Wilson <chris@...> wrote:

            > > Hi guys
            > > A quick question!
            > > Is anyone running the softRock RX ensemble II 10 - 160m kit, work
            > > as a panadapter with the K3 IF, if so, what mods if any are required in setting it up!!
            >
            > > Cheers
            >
            > > Ken G0ORH
            >

            > 14/08/2013 15:30
            >

            > I believe there's a whole, detailed, article on the web about this
            > combination and how to set it up, I think I read it when looking at
            > using a panadaptor with a Kenwood TS-590 If I can find it I'll post
            > here or mail the link. Good luck.
            >

            > --
            > Best Regards,
            > Chris Wilson. 2E0ILY

          • KQ8M
            Message 5 of 15 , Aug 14, 2013

              Chris and Ken,

              What you need is the IF board in the K3. Feed this output in to the Ensemble and tune the ensemble to the IF frequency which is in the 8MHz range. I am writing this off the top of my head but it is that easy. The Software such as HDSDR can connect to the rig and control it.

              73,

              Tim Herrick, KQ8M

              Charter Member North Coast Contesters

              kq8m@...