Lite II 20m & WSPR 2.11 IQ mode - question

  • Angel
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 3, 2012
      Hi,

      I got my Lite II working on 20m with EMU 0204 with Rocky and CW skimmer well. I wanted to try WSPR and I have downloaded WSPR 2.11 (IQ) without VAC software.

      Has anybody got this combination working? I see some other people has this operational on 30 & 40m, but have not found anybody on 20m.

      I think that the WSPR 2.11 on IQ mode only works on 48KHz and with the center frequency of the Lite II @ 14.047Mhz & WSPR freq @ 14.095 it will not work on 20m.

      Thanks in advance

      73
      Angel
      M0HDF
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 3, 2012
        Subject: [softrock40] Lite II 20m & WSPR 2.11 IQ mode - question

        >I got my Lite II working on 20m with EMU 0204 with Rocky and CW skimmer well. I wanted to try WSPR and I have downloaded WSPR 2.11
        >(IQ) without VAC software.
        > Has anybody got this combination working? I see some other people has this operational on 30 & 40m, but have not found anybody on
        > 20m.
        >
        > I think that the WSPR 2.11 on IQ mode only works on 48KHz and with the center frequency of the Lite II @ 14.047Mhz & WSPR freq @
        > 14.095 it will not work on 20m.

        Angel,

        As you say the 20m lite needs a different crystal to work with WSPR IQ.
        The only possible way is to use 192KHz sampling and VAC/ HDSDR or PSDR. Standard WSPR of course.

        73 Alan G4ZFQ
      • Angel
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 4, 2012
          Thanks Alan.

          I need to get VAC for my G11 anyway. I did look at your web page on SDR sw last night.
          Which one would u say it is easier to set up wspr with my lite ii - HDsdr or Psdr? And which version would I need?

          I think I have fixed my image rejection issue with 2 mono inputs to the emu 0204, although with rocky it seems sensitive to the input potentiometer settings on the emu front panel.. 10 o'clock seems to work well.

          Image rejection seems though no very consistent when I swap between rocky & cw skimmer, change settings or resetting auto iq balance in rocky. Need some more experiments to understand what is going on.

          73
          Angel
          M0HDF

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 4, 2012
            Subject: [softrock40] Re: Lite II 20m & WSPR 2.11 IQ mode - question

            > Which one would u say it is easier to set up wspr with my lite ii - HDsdr or Psdr? And which version would I need?

            Angel,

            I favour HDSDR, I think it's a little easier, but a beginner will probably find neither straightforward.
            HDSDR the latest, PSDR, maybe the latest, but they will all work.

            > I think I have fixed my image rejection issue with 2 mono inputs to the emu 0204, although with rocky it seems sensitive to the
            > input potentiometer settings on the emu front panel.. 10 o'clock seems to work well.

            I always have kept my EMU controls at a minimum. They do not need to be advanced. The lower the input the better. But if you want to
            use the edges at 192KHz they probably will need to be increased to overcome the noise in the EMU at high frequencies.