RE: [softrock40] New SSB Tx Software

  • Loren Moline WA7SKT
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 3, 2006
      Tom,

      What programming language do you use to write these programs?

      Loren

      If I do not dream then it can't come true!
      Loren Moline WA7SKT CN86cx
      Member: ARRL, Pacific Northwest VHF Society #151

      >From: "tom_iphi" <iphi@...>
      >To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [softrock40] New SSB Tx Software
      >Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 15:10:43 -0000
      >
      >Hello everybody,
      >
      >as I am very interested in DSP I have written a little stand-alone Tx
      >program generating an IQ ssb signal for SoftRock Tx via the sound card
      >from the microphone input. It is intended to be used together with
      >Rocky Rx software.
      >
      >This is a very simple experimental version and I couldn't test it for
      >functionality as I do not have a SoftRock Tx yet.
      >
      >Would anybody care to test it on an actual Tx for functionality? Also,
      >suggestions for improvements would be welcome. If it basically works I
      >would like to link the tuning to the Rocky software so both can be
      >tuned simultaneously and I would like to add AM and narrowband FM.
      >
      >The program can be downloaded from my directory DG8SAQ in the Files
      >folder.
      >
      >73, Tom DG8SAQ

      Tom,

    • tom_iphi
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 3, 2006
        Hi Loren,

        I do it with Delphi. Actually I use Delphi 6 Personal Edition.

        73 Tom

        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Loren Moline WA7SKT"
        <lmoline@...> wrote:

        > Tom,
        >
        > What programming language do you use to write these programs?
        >
        > Loren
        >

        > If I do not dream then it can't come true!
        > Loren Moline WA7SKT CN86cx
        > Member: ARRL, Pacific Northwest VHF Society #151
        >

        > >From: "tom_iphi" <iphi@...>
        > >To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
        > >Subject: [softrock40] New SSB Tx Software
        > >Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 15:10:43 -0000
        > >
        > >Hello everybody,
        > >
        > >as I am very interested in DSP I have written a little stand-alone
        Tx
        > >program generating an IQ ssb signal for SoftRock Tx via the sound
        card
        > >from the microphone input. It is intended to be used together with
        > >Rocky Rx software.
        > >
        > >This is a very simple experimental version and I couldn't test it
        for
        > >functionality as I do not have a SoftRock Tx yet.
        > >
        > >Would anybody care to test it on an actual Tx for functionality?
        Also,
        > >suggestions for improvements would be welcome. If it basically
        works I
        > >would like to link the tuning to the Rocky software so both can be
        > >tuned simultaneously and I would like to add AM and narrowband FM.
        > >
        > >The program can be downloaded from my directory DG8SAQ in the Files
        > >folder.
        > >
        > >73, Tom DG8SAQ
        > >

        > Tom,

        > Stay in touch with old friends and meet new ones with Windows Live
        Spaces
        > http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwsp0070000001msn/direct/01/?
        href=http://spaces.live.com/spacesapi.aspx?
        wx_action=create&wx_url=/friends.aspx&mkt=en-us

      • Cecilio Bayona
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 3, 2006
          tom_iphi wrote:
          > Hi Loren,
          >
          > I do it with Delphi. Actually I use Delphi 6 Personal Edition.
          >
          > 73 Tom
          >
          > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Loren Moline WA7SKT"
          > <lmoline@...> wrote:
          >> Tom,
          >>
          >> What programming language do you use to write these programs?
          >>
          >> Loren
          >>

          >> If I do not dream then it can't come true!
          >> Loren Moline WA7SKT CN86cx
          >> Member: ARRL, Pacific Northwest VHF Society #151
          >>

          >>> From: "tom_iphi" <iphi@...>
          >>> To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
          >>> Subject: [softrock40] New SSB Tx Software
          >>> Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 15:10:43 -0000
          >>>
          >>> Hello everybody,
          >>>
          >>> as I am very interested in DSP I have written a little stand-alone
          > Tx
          >>> program generating an IQ ssb signal for SoftRock Tx via the sound
          > card
          >> >from the microphone input. It is intended to be used together with
          >>> Rocky Rx software.
          >>>
          >>> This is a very simple experimental version and I couldn't test it
          > for
          >>> functionality as I do not have a SoftRock Tx yet.
          >>>
          >>> Would anybody care to test it on an actual Tx for functionality?
          > Also,
          >>> suggestions for improvements would be welcome. If it basically
          > works I
          >>> would like to link the tuning to the Rocky software so both can be
          >>> tuned simultaneously and I would like to add AM and narrowband FM.
          >>>
          >>> The program can be downloaded from my directory DG8SAQ in the Files
          >>> folder.
          >>>
          >>> 73, Tom DG8SAQ
          >>>

          >> Tom,

          And it's free!

          < URL:http://www.borland.com/downloads/download_turbo.html >

          --

          Cecil
          KD5NWA

          "Sacred Cows make the best Hamburger!" Don Seglio Batuna
        • Loren Moline WA7SKT
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 4, 2006
            Tom,

            Am I right to say that Delphi is for writing XP programs and wont work with
            WIN98? I have not been able to find where I download the exact program..site
            takes you around in circles.