Relaying Softrock audio (only) via Skype question

  • Chris Wilson
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2012
      02/11/2012 10:49

      I am following up some ideas in a post I made regarding remote audio
      from a Softrock. Someone suggested using Skype. I have it set up on my
      main PC that runs the HDSDR software for my Ensemble II RX, and on a
      laptop that connects in another room on a proper hard wired network. I
      merely want to be able to listen to the audio from the Softrock
      running in my shack in other rooms, via the network cabling and a
      laptop.

      I have both Skype installations set to auto answer. I can call the
      main PC from my laptop and it answers. What I have been unable to
      achieve so far is to get the main PC to send the audio from the
      Softrock's HDSDR software across. I am damned hopeless with this sort
      of thing I'm afraid :( I am running XP Corporate on both machines. The
      sound card I use for HDSDR and Softrock Ensemble RC is the Delta 44.
      How should i have the audio settings in Skype on the two computers to
      grab the Softrock's audio and play it on the laptop's speakers please?

      Right now I have the Skype implementation set to use M-Audo Delta 44
      Multi on the PC running the Softrock, and the laptop has speakers and
      microphone set to its on board sound card.

      Thanks.

      --
      Best Regards,
      Chris Wilson. 2E0ILY