Re: [softrock40] Connections to Creative X-Fi USB 5.1

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2012
      Subject: [softrock40] Connections to Creative X-Fi USB 5.1

      > I want to make sure I understand what on the sound card connects to what on my Ensemble RXTX.

      >Connect the sound card to a PC USB port
      Connect the radio's RX jack to the sound card's 'line in' jack
      Connect the radio's TX jack to the 'rear' jack on the sound card

      So far so good. But for speech TX/RX with a Softrock you need 2 sound systems. Or for digital if you want to hear the signal.
      Often the connections below go to the computer's on-board system.
      The actual labelling of inputs and outputs differs between cards as do the options and mixer settings.

      >Connect the headphones to the sound card's headphone jack
      >Connect speakers to the sound card's Left/Right RCA jacks (using the adapter the guy didn't send me)

      These extra outputs are for surround sound, cards need to be setup for 2 speakers. These are not used.