Component changes on the v6 RXTX

  • kb9yig
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2006
      Good Evening All,

      A number of people have contributed to coming up with a solution for
      the low power output and out of spec spurious emission with the v6
      RXTX as well as with the prototype exciter board pair. Jan,(G0BBL),
      Bodo,(DJ9CS), and Terry, (WB4JFI)have been especially helpful and
      involved in making the v6 RXTX board meet FCC specs.

      The small kit of parts that I will be sending to each of the v6 RXTX
      kit buyers will cover the following component changes to the board:

      1) R1 and R7 changed to 22.1k resistors.
      2) 100 ohm resistors are placed in series with each of the two T1
      leads that connect to pins of U3.
      3) R21 is reduced to 10 ohms.
      4) RFC1 is removed from the circuit and a 100 ohm resistor is put in
      the RFC1 location.
      5) Components in the LPF on the output of Q2 are changed to the
      following set:
      C26 = C30 = 470pF, C28 = 820pF, C27 and C29 are not used, L4 and L5
      are each 1.1uH, (17 turns on a T30-2 core).

      With the above changes Terry and I are each getting at least 400 mW
      of "clean" RF output.

      I will start send out the kit of parts needed to make these
      changes. I would like to send the needed parts to people who have
      sent me an e-mail listing any parts that were missing or broken in
      the their kit according to the most recent bill of materials. This
      will save mailing twice to supply missing parts as well as the
      changed parts.

      I will post a similar list of changes for the prototype exciter kit
      in the morning.

      Thanks and 73,
      Tony KB9YIG