Changing a built RX/TX Ensemble from one set of bands to anothe setr feasible? Or build another?

  • Chris Wilson
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2012
      01/11/2012 14:29

      I am regretting my somewhat hasty choice of bands for my (

      working fine) RX/TX Ensemble. I built it for 30/20/17 meter bands, but
      now wish I had chosen 15/12/10 meters. Should I attempt a change, or
      just bite the bullet and buy another kit for those bands?

      Out of curiosity, what's the most output anyone has run an RXTX
      Ensemble to on SSB, via linear amplification, and did the signal stay
      nice and clean?

      Thanks.

      --
      Best Regards,
      Chris Wilson. 2E0ILY
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 1, 2012
        For me I'd change the existing Ensemble.

        John G3UGY

        > 01/11/2012 14:29
        >
        > I am regretting my somewhat hasty choice of bands for my (
        >
        > working fine) RX/TX Ensemble. I built it for 30/20/17 meter bands, but
        > now wish I had chosen 15/12/10 meters. Should I attempt a change, or
        > just bite the bullet and buy another kit for those bands?
        >
        > Out of curiosity, what's the most output anyone has run an RXTX
        > Ensemble to on SSB, via linear amplification, and did the signal stay
        > nice and clean?
        >
        > Thanks.
        > --
        > Best Regards,
        > Chris Wilson. 2E0ILY
        > mailto: chris@...
      • Shirley Márquez Dúlcey
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 1, 2012
          I'd buy another one; you'll want the bands you have now when the
          sunspots start to decline.
        • KQ8M
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 1, 2012

            I agree with Shirley. Why not have the ability for more bands. It is only about 100 dollars with a KM5H case so it is still a great deal.

            73,

            Tim Herrick, KQ8M

            Charter Member North Coast Contesters

            kq8m@...

            AR-Cluster V6 kq8m.no-ip.org

            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 2, 2012

              > I agree with Shirley. Why not have the ability for more bands. It
              > is only about 100 dollars with a KM5H case so it is still a great deal.
              >
              > 73,
              > Tim Herrick, KQ8M
              > Charter Member North Coast Contesters
              > kq8m@...
              >
              > AR-Cluster V6 kq8m.no-ip.org
              > User Ports: 23, 7373 with local skimmer, 7374 without local skimmer

              02/11/2012 20:06

              Yes, you are right, rather than fiddle with a working setup I will get
              another kit and build for the other bands. Thanks!

              --
              Best Regards,
              Chris Wilson. 2E0ILY