HDSDR 2.50 released

  • lc_hdsdr
    Message 1 of 16 , Oct 31, 2012
      Hi all,

      as told in subject:

      HDSDR Version 2.50 (30 October 2012)
      - better CPU utilization
      - better WFM (mono) workaround with 96kHz output samplerate
      - improved image rejection
      - ECSS improved
      - offset per mode (SDR on IF output)
      - CW-LSB for sync with analog radio
      - new command line option "Path\ExtIO_xyz.DLL" for ExtIO-DLL selection
      - enhanced recording scheduler
      - enhanced multi-monitor support
      - CW pitch frequency adjustable with mouseclick on pitch-text
      alternatively with mousewheel on the pitch-text
      - fixes and improvements for Omni-Rig
      - some small fixes and improvements
    • EB4APL
      Message 2 of 16 , Nov 14, 2012
        Hi,
        Testing the new command line option "Path", I cannot make  any ExtIO_xyz.DLL work.  If I enter any random text after the Path keyword, I got an error window warning:

        "Command line option invalid! Use:" and it lists
        -swapsw
        -as
        -fs
        -profile <name>

        as the valid options, so the -Path options is not updated. Then the program asks to select any of the current ExtIO_xyz.DLL in the folder.
        But if I enter any ExtIO_xyz.DLL name as ExtIO_USRP.dll or ExtIO_Si570.dll (present in the path or not), the warning doesn't triggers but the dll is not selected, neither asked for a manual selection.  Probably I'm doing something wrong and a practical example would be useful.

        Best regards,
        Ignacio, EB4APL

        ExtIO_xyz.DLL name
        On 01/11/2012 2:30, lc_hdsdr wrote:

        Hi all,

        as told in subject:

        HDSDR Version 2.50 (30 October 2012)
        - better CPU utilization
        - better WFM (mono) workaround with 96kHz output samplerate
        - improved image rejection
        - ECSS improved
        - offset per mode (SDR on IF output)
        - CW-LSB for sync with analog radio
        - new command line option "Path\ExtIO_xyz.DLL" for ExtIO-DLL selection
        - enhanced recording scheduler
        - enhanced multi-monitor support
        - CW pitch frequency adjustable with mouseclick on pitch-text
        alternatively with mousewheel on the pitch-text
        - fixes and improvements for Omni-Rig
        - some small fixes and improvements

      • junius fox
        Message 3 of 16 , Nov 14, 2012
          I believe if you run and install the program CFGSR your problem might be solve if you install it in the HDSDR folder.

          Junius W5HIR

          Message 4 of 16 , Nov 14, 2012
            Hi Ignacio,

            "Path" is no keyword! Just use the filename of the ExtIO DLL .. including the directory - if it's in another directory.
            You may even drag&drop the DLL file over the hdsdr executable.

            regards,
            LC

            --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, EB4APL <eb4apl@...> wrote:

            > Hi,
            > Testing the new command line option "Path", I cannot make any
            > ExtIO_xyz.DLL work. If I enter any random text after the Path keyword,
            > I got an error window warning:
            >
            > "Command line option invalid! Use:" and it lists
            > -swapsw
            > -as
            > -fs
            > -profile <name>
            >
            > as the valid options, so the -Path options is not updated. Then the
            > program asks to select any of the current ExtIO_xyz.DLL in the folder.
            > But if I enter any ExtIO_xyz.DLL name as ExtIO_USRP.dll or
            > ExtIO_Si570.dll (present in the path or not), the warning doesn't
            > triggers but the dll is not selected, neither asked for a manual
            > selection. Probably I'm doing something wrong and a practical example
            > would be useful.
            >
            > Best regards,
            > Ignacio, EB4APL

          • EB4APL
            Message 5 of 16 , Nov 15, 2012
              LC,

              Thank you, it did the trick.  I modified my shortcuts (one for an Ensemble II HF and other for a DVB dongle VHF&UHF) and now both starts automatically with the right configuration.  To complete the thing I would like to select different folders for user databases from the profile, but I realize that each thing at its time.
              Thank you again.

              Best regards,
              Ignacio, EB4APL

              On 15/11/2012 8:04, lc_hdsdr wrote:

              Hi Ignacio,

              "Path" is no keyword! Just use the filename of the ExtIO DLL .. including the directory - if it's in another directory.
              You may even drag&drop the DLL file over the hdsdr executable.

              regards,
              LC

              --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, EB4APL <eb4apl@...> wrote:

              > Hi,
              > Testing the new command line option "Path", I cannot make any
              > ExtIO_xyz.DLL work. If I enter any random text after the Path keyword,
              > I got an error window warning:
              >
              > "Command line option invalid! Use:" and it lists
              > -swapsw
              > -as
              > -fs
              > -profile <name>
              >
              > as the valid options, so the -Path options is not updated. Then the
              > program asks to select any of the current ExtIO_xyz.DLL in the folder.
              > But if I enter any ExtIO_xyz.DLL name as ExtIO_USRP.dll or
              > ExtIO_Si570.dll (present in the path or not), the warning doesn't
              > triggers but the dll is not selected, neither asked for a manual
              > selection. Probably I'm doing something wrong and a practical example
              > would be useful.
              >
              > Best regards,
              > Ignacio, EB4APL

            • EB4APL
              Message 6 of 16 , Nov 15, 2012
                Junius,

                Thank for your hint, but this was not the problem, see lc_hdsdr response on this thread.

                73 de Ignacio, EB4APL

                Message 7 of 16 , Nov 20, 2012
                  Hello Ignacio (and others),

                  I can not make this work. I am currently using the profile switch successfully, but no combination of Path/ExtIO that I try in the "Target" box (WinXP) will seem to work for me...

                  Can you please copy and paste your entire target/switch combination so I can see how you made profiles and ExtIO selection work together?

                  Thanks in advance,

                  Perrin
                  VK3XPT

                  --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, EB4APL <eb4apl@...> wrote:

                  > LC,
                  >
                  > Thank you, it did the trick. I modified my shortcuts (one for an
                  > Ensemble II HF and other for a DVB dongle VHF&UHF) and now both starts
                  > automatically with the right configuration. To complete the thing I
                  > would like to select different folders for user databases from the
                  > profile, but I realize that each thing at its time.
                  > Thank you again.
                  >
                  > Best regards,
                  > Ignacio, EB4APL

                • EB4APL
                  Message 8 of 16 , Nov 20, 2012
                    Hi,
                    According to the response from "lc_hdsdr" on this thread, Path is not a switch keyword, just enter the name of the file if it is in the HPSDR folder or the full path if it is in another place.
                    Here are the two direct accesses that I use. My ExtIO files are on the HPSDR directory, so the paths are just the file names.

                    "C:\Program Files (x86)\HDSDR\HDSDR.exe" ExtIO_USRP.dll -p TDT
                    (TDT is my profile name for the DVB dongle)

                    "C:\Program Files (x86)\HDSDR\HDSDR.exe" ExtIO_Si570.dll -p HF
                    (HF is my profile name for the Softrock Assemble II HF rig)

                    I hope this is what you need.
                    I suppose that the ExtIO paths could not be included in the profile because they are loaded before the profile takes effect.

                    73 de Ignacio, EB4APL

                    On 20/11/2012 10:07, pezcat19 wrote:

                    Hello Ignacio (and others),

                    I can not make this work. I am currently using the profile switch successfully, but no combination of Path/ExtIO that I try in the "Target" box (WinXP) will seem to work for me...

                    Can you please copy and paste your entire target/switch combination so I can see how you made profiles and ExtIO selection work together?

                    Thanks in advance,

                    Perrin
                    VK3XPT

                    --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, EB4APL <eb4apl@...> wrote:

                    > LC,
                    >
                    > Thank you, it did the trick. I modified my shortcuts (one for an
                    > Ensemble II HF and other for a DVB dongle VHF&UHF) and now both starts
                    > automatically with the right configuration. To complete the thing I
                    > would like to select different folders for user databases from the
                    > profile, but I realize that each thing at its time.
                    > Thank you again.
                    >
                    > Best regards,
                    > Ignacio, EB4APL

                  • pezcat19
                    Message 9 of 16 , Nov 20, 2012
                      Hi Ignacio.

                      Thanks for the information. It is working for me now!

                      The problem was that I had the ExtIO switch AFTER the profile.. It appears that you must load the profile LAST or it does not work.

                      eg;

                      Does not work: "C:\Program Files (x86)\HDSDR\HDSDR.exe" -p TDT ExtIO_USRP.dll

                      Works: "C:\Program Files (x86)\HDSDR\HDSDR.exe" ExtIO_USRP.dll -p TDT

                      Thanks again!

                      Perrin

                      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, EB4APL <eb4apl@...> wrote:

                      > Hi,
                      > According to the response from "lc_hdsdr" on this thread, Path is not a
                      > switch keyword, just enter the name of the file if it is in the HPSDR
                      > folder or the full path if it is in another place.
                      > Here are the two direct accesses that I use. My ExtIO files are on the
                      > HPSDR directory, so the paths are just the file names.
                      >
                      > "C:\Program Files (x86)\HDSDR\HDSDR.exe" ExtIO_USRP.dll -p TDT
                      > (TDT is my profile name for the DVB dongle)
                      >
                      > "C:\Program Files (x86)\HDSDR\HDSDR.exe" ExtIO_Si570.dll -p HF
                      > (HF is my profile name for the Softrock Assemble II HF rig)
                      >
                      > I hope this is what you need.
                      > I suppose that the ExtIO paths could not be included in the profile
                      > because they are loaded before the profile takes effect.
                      >
                      > 73 de Ignacio, EB4APL
                      >

                      > On 20/11/2012 10:07, pezcat19 wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Hello Ignacio (and others),
                      > >
                      > > I can not make this work. I am currently using the profile switch
                      > > successfully, but no combination of Path/ExtIO that I try in the
                      > > "Target" box (WinXP) will seem to work for me...
                      > >
                      > > Can you please copy and paste your entire target/switch combination so
                      > > I can see how you made profiles and ExtIO selection work together?
                      > >
                      > > Thanks in advance,
                      > >
                      > > Perrin
                      > > VK3XPT
                      > >

                      > > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com
                      > > <mailto:softrock40%40yahoogroups.com>, EB4APL <eb4apl@> wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > > LC,
                      > > >
                      > > > Thank you, it did the trick. I modified my shortcuts (one for an
                      > > > Ensemble II HF and other for a DVB dongle VHF&UHF) and now both starts
                      > > > automatically with the right configuration. To complete the thing I
                      > > > would like to select different folders for user databases from the
                      > > > profile, but I realize that each thing at its time.
                      > > > Thank you again.
                      > > >
                      > > > Best regards,
                      > > > Ignacio, EB4APL

                    • EB4APL
                      Message 10 of 16 , Nov 20, 2012
                        Hi Perrin,

                        Good to know that, I choose to put it there by chance.  I think that it would be useful to inform the programmers (lc_hdsdr@...) because they usually don't check the list very often.

                        73 de Ignacio, EB4APL

                        On 21/11/2012 0:10, pezcat19 wrote:

                        Hi Ignacio.

                        Thanks for the information. It is working for me now!

                        The problem was that I had the ExtIO switch AFTER the profile.. It appears that you must load the profile LAST or it does not work.

                        eg;

                        Does not work: "C:\Program Files (x86)\HDSDR\HDSDR.exe" -p TDT ExtIO_USRP.dll

                        Works: "C:\Program Files (x86)\HDSDR\HDSDR.exe" ExtIO_USRP.dll -p TDT

                        Thanks again!

                        Perrin

                        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, EB4APL <eb4apl@...> wrote:

                        > Hi,
                        > According to the response from "lc_hdsdr" on this thread, Path is not a
                        > switch keyword, just enter the name of the file if it is in the HPSDR
                        > folder or the full path if it is in another place.
                        > Here are the two direct accesses that I use. My ExtIO files are on the
                        > HPSDR directory, so the paths are just the file names.
                        >
                        > "C:\Program Files (x86)\HDSDR\HDSDR.exe" ExtIO_USRP.dll -p TDT
                        > (TDT is my profile name for the DVB dongle)
                        >
                        > "C:\Program Files (x86)\HDSDR\HDSDR.exe" ExtIO_Si570.dll -p HF
                        > (HF is my profile name for the Softrock Assemble II HF rig)
                        >
                        > I hope this is what you need.
                        > I suppose that the ExtIO paths could not be included in the profile
                        > because they are loaded before the profile takes effect.
                        >
                        > 73 de Ignacio, EB4APL
                        >

                        > On 20/11/2012 10:07, pezcat19 wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Hello Ignacio (and others),
                        > >
                        > > I can not make this work. I am currently using the profile switch
                        > > successfully, but no combination of Path/ExtIO that I try in the
                        > > "Target" box (WinXP) will seem to work for me...
                        > >
                        > > Can you please copy and paste your entire target/switch combination so
                        > > I can see how you made profiles and ExtIO selection work together?
                        > >
                        > > Thanks in advance,
                        > >
                        > > Perrin
                        > > VK3XPT
                        > >

                        > > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com
                        > > <mailto:softrock40%40yahoogroups.com>, EB4APL <eb4apl@> wrote:
                        > > >
                        > > > LC,
                        > > >
                        > > > Thank you, it did the trick. I modified my shortcuts (one for an
                        > > > Ensemble II HF and other for a DVB dongle VHF&UHF) and now both starts
                        > > > automatically with the right configuration. To complete the thing I
                        > > > would like to select different folders for user databases from the
                        > > > profile, but I realize that each thing at its time.
                        > > > Thank you again.
                        > > >
                        > > > Best regards,
                        > > > Ignacio, EB4APL

                        __.

                      • Hide
                        Message 11 of 16 , Nov 21, 2012
                          The latest version works well in RX, now I'm trying to TX but
                          the setting procedure is confusing.
                          Is there any help about how to setting the TX of CW?
                          The TX button appears and I push it but no TX in CW mode...

                          Any suggestion welcome!

                          ja9mat Hidehiko.

                          --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "lc_hdsdr" <lc_hdsdr@...> wrote:

                          > Hi all,
                          >
                          > as told in subject:
                          >
                          > HDSDR Version 2.50 (30 October 2012)
                          > - better CPU utilization
                          > - better WFM (mono) workaround with 96kHz output samplerate
                          > - improved image rejection
                          > - ECSS improved
                          > - offset per mode (SDR on IF output)
                          > - CW-LSB for sync with analog radio
                          > - new command line option "Path\ExtIO_xyz.DLL" for ExtIO-DLL selection
                          > - enhanced recording scheduler
                          > - enhanced multi-monitor support
                          > - CW pitch frequency adjustable with mouseclick on pitch-text
                          > alternatively with mousewheel on the pitch-text
                          > - fixes and improvements for Omni-Rig
                          > - some small fixes and improvements

                        • edingraham
                          Message 12 of 16 , Nov 21, 2012
                            also press Enter

                            73, Ed WX4S

                            Message 13 of 16 , Nov 21, 2012
                              Thanks...but still no PTT and Paddle response.
                              I should study how to set the OMNIRIG. hi

                              ja9mat

                              --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "edingraham" <edingraham@...> wrote:

                              > also press Enter
                              >
                              > 73, Ed WX4S
                              >
                              > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Hide" <qrper72@> wrote:
                              > >
                              > > The latest version works well in RX, now I'm trying to TX but
                              > > the setting procedure is confusing.
                              > > Is there any help about how to setting the TX of CW?
                              > > The TX button appears and I push it but no TX in CW mode...
                              > >
                              > > Any suggestion welcome!
                              > >
                              > > ja9mat Hidehiko.
                              > >
                              > > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "lc_hdsdr" <lc_hdsdr@> wrote:
                              > > >

                              > > > Hi all,
                              > > >
                              > > > as told in subject:
                              > > >
                              > > > HDSDR Version 2.50 (30 October 2012)
                              > > > - better CPU utilization
                              > > > - better WFM (mono) workaround with 96kHz output samplerate
                              > > > - improved image rejection
                              > > > - ECSS improved
                              > > > - offset per mode (SDR on IF output)
                              > > > - CW-LSB for sync with analog radio
                              > > > - new command line option "Path\ExtIO_xyz.DLL" for ExtIO-DLL selection
                              > > > - enhanced recording scheduler
                              > > > - enhanced multi-monitor support
                              > > > - CW pitch frequency adjustable with mouseclick on pitch-text
                              > > > alternatively with mousewheel on the pitch-text
                              > > > - fixes and improvements for Omni-Rig
                              > > > - some small fixes and improvements

                            • warrenallgyer
                              Message 14 of 16 , Nov 21, 2012
                                I am just bring 2.50 up this morning and trying transmit for the first time using Ensemble RXTX. It seems to me the transmit IQ signals are reversed, at least reversed from where I expect them. My rigs are all set for Rocky transmit and HDSDR appears to be opposite phase. And as far as I can tell neither software has a soft switch to reverse transmit IQ.

                                Am I missing something?

                                Warren Allgyer - W8TOD

                                --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "lc_hdsdr" <lc_hdsdr@...> wrote:

                                > Hi all,
                                >
                                > as told in subject:
                                >
                                > HDSDR Version 2.50 (30 October 2012)
                                > - better CPU utilization
                                > - better WFM (mono) workaround with 96kHz output samplerate
                                > - improved image rejection
                                > - ECSS improved
                                > - offset per mode (SDR on IF output)
                                > - CW-LSB for sync with analog radio
                                > - new command line option "Path\ExtIO_xyz.DLL" for ExtIO-DLL selection
                                > - enhanced recording scheduler
                                > - enhanced multi-monitor support
                                > - CW pitch frequency adjustable with mouseclick on pitch-text
                                > alternatively with mousewheel on the pitch-text
                                > - fixes and improvements for Omni-Rig
                                > - some small fixes and improvements

                              • MIKE DURKIN
                                Message 15 of 16 , Nov 21, 2012
                                  Check the menu while Tx is enabled (while Tx'ing) ... same place as Rx ....

                                  Mike KC7NOA

                                  To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
                                  From: allgyer@...
                                  Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2012 01:22:17 +0000
                                  Subject: [softrock40] Re: HDSDR 2.50 released

                                  Message 16 of 16 , Nov 21, 2012
                                    Thank you Mike! Works like a charm. I feel pretty stupid but a lot less than if I had already changed the jumpers on five RXTX!

                                    I cannot believe this works: Netbook, HDSDR, 30/20/17 RXTX, and a USB headset. Perfect sounding SSB, full transceiver operation..... unbelievable.

                                    I have been using the Softrocks on digital modes for almost two years...and I knew in theory it should work on SSB but I never tried. These little things just continue to amaze.

                                    Thanks again for your help.

                                    Warren Allgyer - W8TOD