RE: [softrock40] Peaberry using PowerSDR2.4.4 I/Q Reverse on TX only

  • Dave Watson
    Message 1 of 28 , Oct 31, 2012

      David,

      I did use CFGSR to calibrate for receive but not for transmit. I think you have identified the issue. I may be too low on TX in USB and too high on TX in LSB. If that is the case, that should be a lot easier than reprogramming. Thanks for putting up me figuring this out.

      Dave (W4DJW)

      Message 2 of 28 , Nov 1, 2012
        From: "David Turnbull"

        > Alan, I just tested my RXTX again with PowerSDR. Straight on RX and crossed
        > on TX is indeed the correct setting. I have configured the Peaberry to
        > match this by default.

        And the Peaberry does TX on the same sideband as RX?

        Multiple customers have reported PowerSDR working
        > and needing to reverse receive to get Rocky 3.7 working. I have needed the
        > same. My RXTX also needs a crossover cable for Rocky. John has stated that
        > he needs a crossover cable. You and Jose say you don't.

        From what Dave says this seems as if the Peaberry is TXing on the wrong sideband. Not with crossed IQ?
        I have re-checked both versions of Rocky and confirm it does TX PSK on USB, just above the tuned frequency. But not the other side
        of centre.

        Confusion about IQ or QI has been with us for a long time. Switching Rocky when transmitting has only appeared with the Peaberry.

        The Ensemble with crossed TX jumpers is the same as early Softrocks. With WSPR-IQ Reverse TX IQ needs to be ticked.

        73 Alan G4ZFQ