Sudden failure ... Ensemble RXTX

  • wnpauls
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 31, 2012
      The Ensemble RXTX was working fine and then quit.

      So far I have check the 12v bus -- okay
      5v bus 2.7 volts.

      Current draw in receive mode 128 ma.

      I removed the 5v regulator and checked the resistance
      of the 5v bus to ground, about 10 ohms! I suspect that
      one or more of the six chips died.

      Any suggestions on finding the problem?

      thanks,

      Paul K0ZYV
    • David Turnbull
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 31, 2012
        Before you start pulling parts, use CFGSR to "Init" the AVR for a
        RXTX. It's possible you are locked in transmit if the AVR thinks you
        have a different radio.

        73 David AE9RB
        http://AE9RB.com/

        On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 10:42 AM, wnpauls <wnpauls@...> wrote:
        > The Ensemble RXTX was working fine and then quit.
        >
        > So far I have check the 12v bus -- okay
        > 5v bus 2.7 volts.
        >
        > Current draw in receive mode 128 ma.
        >
        > I removed the 5v regulator and checked the resistance
        > of the 5v bus to ground, about 10 ohms! I suspect that
        > one or more of the six chips died.
        >
        > Any suggestions on finding the problem?
        >
        > thanks,
        >
        > Paul K0ZYV