v6 RXTX or prototype exciter missing parts

  • kb9yig
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 2, 2006
      Good Morning All,

      Several have sent me e-mails in recent days to let me know know what
      parts were missing from their v6 RXTX kit. I would ask all kit
      buyers of either the v6 RXTX kit or the prototype exciter kit to
      check their kits with the latest bill of materials pdf's. Please
      send me an e-mail with a list of missing parts and also it would be
      very helpful to me if you would include your mailing address on the
      e-mail. In your e-mail please state if the parts are missing from
      an exciter kit, a v6 RXTX kit, from multiple kits such as two v6
      RXTX kits, etc. This will help me get your parts sent out as
      quickly as possible.

      The component changes to the v6 RXTX kit to take care of the low
      output and spurious response concerns are close to being firmed up
      at this date. These changes will also be applicable to the exciter
      kit. I should be able to include those components along with any
      missing components from your kit within a few days.

      Thanks and 73,
      Tony KB9YIG
    • joe price
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 2, 2006
        Tony,

        Would please list the part numbers that need to be changed or
        turns modifyed so that these parts can be omitted during construction
        and not have to be removed later?

        Joe wa9cgz
      • Tony Parks
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 2, 2006
          Good suggestion Joe.

          On the v6 RXTX kit the following parts will be changed:  R1, R7, T1, R21, RFC1, C26, C27, C28, C29, C30, L4, L5.

          On the prototype exciter the parts that will be changed on the QSE board: C6, C15, R2, R10
          On the prototype PA board the parts that will be changed are: T1, RFC1, R5, D1

          73,
          Tony KB9YIG