Re: [softrock40] Re: Ensemble II output

  • junius fox
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 31, 2012

      Leonard,  I appreciate all of the answers I am getting from everyone. I have checked all of the solder points, reflowed(?sp) each pin of the ICs.  One measurement that bothers me is one in which I am supposed to get half of the rail voltage ( 5v).  but I get 4.5volts.
          Anyway, I am, still checking.  Thanks for the reply.

      Junius W5HIR
      Don’t know if this applies to the problem described in this thread, but I too was initially not getting the I/Q signal where it needed to go. Both my PC (on MB sound) and netbook have little/no documentation as to whether a stereo input or not. The netbook is likely mono only, and rather than start poking the 3.5mm stereo I/Q plug into the PC’s sound card ports, posssibly damage, I bought a known stereo input PCI sound card, installed, now it all works great. I use SDR-Radio on both my Ensemble II and SDR-IQ. I find the Si570 must init with CFGSR unless PC is restarted with Ensemble II powered, USB at least connected. The SDR-IQ needs the USB connection cycled unless it too is USB connected/powered at start up. I have a Win 7 32 bit SP1 system and now an Audiophile 192 PCI sound card. Maybe Win 7 has a quirk juggling USB ports/connects, after start, don’t know, but never seen this with other USB devices, eg printers, etc.. Hope something herein helps.. Link, WV4I

      =======
      http://www.pctools.com
      =======
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 31, 2012
        Subject: Re: [softrock40] Re: Ensemble II output

        > One measurement that bothers me is one in which I am supposed to get half of the rail voltage ( 5v). but I get 4.5volts.
        Anyway, I am, still checking.

        Did you mention that?
        It could well be your problem.