RXTX Ensamble mirroring

  • Dan Adkin
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 29, 2012
      Hi,I am getting mirroring. Ive got to the Ensemble RXTX 07_RX Opamps and Output stage.

      I noticed that if i inserted the line on about half way the signal strength dramatically increase, so i concure, in my ignorence, that one side of the RX opamp is not working properly.

      Here are my voltage readings from the Opamp pin voltage test.

      P1 3.45v (My reading) 2.5v(nominal)
      P2 2.60v (My reading) 2.5v(nominal)
      P3 2.60v (My reading) 2.5v(nominal)
      P4 0
      P5 2.60v (My reading) 2.5v(nominal)
      P6 2.60v (My reading) 2.5v(nominal)
      P7 2.99v (My reading) 2.5v(nominal)
      P8 4.98v (My reading) 5.0v(nominal)

      I am also only getting data modes in the waterfall that i am receiving.

      Can anyone advise me please

      Dan Adkin
      M0HOW
    • Dan Adkin
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 31, 2012
        Hi,

        Can anyone give me any help please? regarding below (Slightly amended from previous post to make more sense)

        Hi,I am getting mirroring. Ive got to the Ensemble RXTX 07_RX Opamps and Output stage.

        I noticed that if i inserted the stereo plug into "line out" about half way into the socket the signal strength dramatically increase and the output is mirrored and when fully in the same output but dimmed so i concur, in my ignorance, that one side of the RX opamp is not working properly.

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 1, 2012
          Subject: [softrock40] Re: RXTX Ensamble mirroring

          > Hi,I am getting mirroring. Ive got to the Ensemble RXTX 07_RX Opamps and Output stage.
          > I noticed that if i inserted the stereo plug into "line out" about half way into the socket the signal strength dramatically
          > increase and the output is mirrored and when fully in the same output but dimmed so i concur, in my ignorance, that one side of
          > the RX opamp is not working properly.

          Dan,

          I cannot comment on this test. There is no knowing what is connected at any one instant.
          Put headphones in the Softrock IQ out, or play straight through some amplified speakers. See if there are noises coming from both
          channels.
          With a good antenna you should be able to tune in and hear sounds like radio signals.

          > Here are my voltage readings from the Opamp pin voltage test.
          > P1 3.45v (My reading) 2.5v(nominal)
          > P2 2.60v (My reading) 2.5v(nominal)
          > P3 2.60v (My reading) 2.5v(nominal)
          > P4 0
          > P5 2.60v (My reading) 2.5v(nominal)
          > P6 2.60v (My reading) 2.5v(nominal)
          > P7 2.99v (My reading) 2.5v(nominal)
          > P8 4.98v (My reading) 5.0v(nominal)

          These are probably OK.

          > I am also only getting data modes in the waterfall that i am receiving.

          Are you really receiving signals? Are they tuning?

          73 Alan G4ZFQ
        • Dan Adkin
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 5, 2012
            Alan,
            Thank you for replying.

            I have played the output through some amplified speakers and I can hear output from one side only. I gather from reading the e-mail i have to check for whiskers, bad joints and check components.

            Regarding you last question, yes i am receiving signals but as I said only data modes. I have used virtual audio cable to port it into HRD and can read the data. But as I said before only Data modes are showing on the waterfall.

            Thanks
            Dan Adkin M0HOW

            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 5, 2012

              > I have played the output through some amplified speakers and I can hear output from one side only. I gather from reading the
              > e-mail i have to check for whiskers, bad joints and check components.

              Dan,

              Yes, you can signal trace by holding a pin in your fingers and touch points in the signal path. Compare each side.
              You have a stereo cable? And all Robby's checks are good?

              > Regarding you last question, yes i am receiving signals but as I said only data modes. I have used virtual audio cable to port it
              > into HRD and can read the data. But as I said before only Data modes are showing on the waterfall.

              Does it tune?
              Is CFGSR's Test tab filled with data, and no error message when Get is clicked?