ensemble II

  • junius fox
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 28, 2012
      I have the Ensemble II built and checked for solder problems.. none found.  I have checked voltages, all OK!,

      CFGSR finds the SI570 OK!.
      BUT.... When I hook up the rig to the PC and use HDSDR, or WINRAD or SDR-RADIO. I get nothing.  I feel that I don't know how to set up the HDSDR etc with EXTIO.DLL for my device.  I have read that the EXTIO.DLL for this radio needs to be installed in the HDSDR set-up folder.I think I have done that correctly. If I have overlooked something. Please give me a clue.

      Regards,
      Junius  W5HIR .
    • John Greusel
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 28, 2012
        Junius

        Do you have the line in plugged in correctly on your soundcard- per the build notes?

        John
        KC9OJV

        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 29, 2012
          I’m a newbie to SDR, plus my netbook and PC on motherboard sound have poor documentation re whether/which jack might be stereo input for the I/Q signal.

          So I bought an Audiophile 192 PCI card ($89) for my Win 7 32 bit SP1 machine. Once I got into the 192’s control panel and set 24 bit, 192khz, it now works great with Ensemble II, getting 192kc BW. Default was 16 bit/44khz, and there was a huge noise spur/whatever at center freq, now gone.

          Need to ensure plugged into stereo input to PC sound card, and that correct input/output is selected for soundcard. 3.5mm stereo cable for Ensemble II end. The Audiophile 192 uses 1/4” plugs so needed 3.5mm male to male 1/4” mono plugs to get work. The 192 has separate breakout cables for L/R IQ input. If you mix up L/R (I/Q), should still hear sigs, only set LSB will be needed for USB, etc.

          Other than the noise floor perhaps not quite as low ?  (apples for apples difficult), I think the Ensemble II basically works as good as my SDR-IQ which uses USB for control and IQ sigs, at a fraction of the cost.

          I am using SDR-Radio for both units.

          Due to many permutations of settings, can answer setting questions for Ensemble II to PC using SDR-Radio, if that would help.

          Link, WV4I

        • w9mo_2011
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 5, 2012
            What is the exact model number of the Audiophile the sound card you bought?

            Bob W9MO