Re: EnsembleII

  • Jaco Le roux
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 27, 2012
      Hi I had a similar problem, I have re-solder the ATTiny or the socket though, I had a problem on the grounding point sometimes it needs more heat to solder the GND areas. just my 0.02 cents worth.

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "rlramirez77" <russ.ramirez@...> wrote:

      > A tip here, even if you are touching-up the Si570.
      >
      > If you are using the traditional soldering technique, a little dap of resin-based soldering paste (not acid flux!) applied to the Si570 lands, will help the solder to flow under the chip case.
      >
      > If you feel daring enough to use the Silver Bering paste re-flow soldering technique, then just be sure to slightly elevate the Si570 with a dap of beeswax or similar. By elevate, I mean by the thickness of a sheet of paper.
      >
      > Russ
      > K0WFS
      >
      > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Chris" <bigjeffyie@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi Junius,
      > >
      > > I've just had a similar experience with an Ensemble II RXTX that I'm building. I already own a Ensemble II RX so I knew everything PC wise was installed correctly.
      > >
      > > To get windows to recognise the device I had to touch up the connections on the Si570 chip. I also had to do this on my RX as well but it took me alot longer the first time around to figure that out.
      > >

      > > Pins 7 & 8 are certainly a challenge to get right first time!
      > >
      > > Maybe that is your problem as well :)
      > >
      > > 73
      > >
      > > Chris
      > > EI1628
      > >
      > > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "junius fox" <jfox05@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > HI... I am process of building the ensemble II. I am up to testing the local oscillator.I have installed CFGSR and the associated DLL in the same folder. I also have installed the ATTiny85 driver. The unit is plugged into the USB, Device manager sees the new unit as not installed. I have tried everything I know to get the driver recognized, but no dice. Help
      > > >
      > > > W5HIR

    • junius fox
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 27, 2012
        Chris,
            In retrospect, I was darn sure I had soldered the si570 ok, so had a friend look at my supposedly installation of the driver,  It turns out, I really hadn't installed the driver.  He pointed out my mistake. I installed the .inf driver, and whoopee!, the unit was recognized in CFGSR.  I'm now in the finishing up mode all transformers and coils finished.
               Thanks for all your help.

        =======
        http://www.pctools.com
        =======