Re: [softrock40] Windows reports that your soundcard is already in use ...

    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 24, 2012
      Subject: [softrock40] Windows reports that your soundcard is already in use ...

      > Using HDSDR and ASUS Xonar, I get this message
      > Windows reports that your soundcard is already in use ...
      > Any ideas on how to get around this?
      > The device is the ASUS speaker output that I want HDSDR to use as TX output

      Ed,

      Can you use this card for any other application?
      I found a Xonar would not work properly when any other sound system was installed.
      This was on XP, but I've never seen anyone else complain of this.

      73 Alan G4ZFQ
    • KQ8M
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 24, 2012

        Hi Alan,

        I have several computers running skimmers and I have Asus Xonar's, M-Audio, Creative and the native board sound all on 3 of 4 dedicated computers. The only sound card that I found that will share drivers happily with another of the same brand were the M-Audio's.

        73,

        Tim Herrick, KQ8M

        Charter Member North Coast Contesters

        kq8m@...

        AR-Cluster V6 kq8m.no-ip.org

        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 24, 2012

          > I have several computers running skimmers and I have Asus Xonar's, M-Audio, Creative and the native board sound all on 3 of 4
          > dedicated computers. The only sound card that I found that will share drivers happily with another of the same brand were the
          > M-Audio's.

          Yes, but I did install a M-Audio 1010 (Not LT) and that uninstalled a D44.
          I have a 1010LT and 2 D44s in this computer as well as on-board and 2 others, both Creative but different models.
          But on the two XP computers I tried I could not get the Xonar to work with any other internal sound system, I even had to disable
          the on-board. It did work with an EMU USB.
          The EMUs do have a device drop-down in their control panel so I presume they can have more than one fitted. But as you say, there
          are not many identical cards that will work together.

          73 Alan G4ZFQ
        • edingraham
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 25, 2012
            No joy. HDSDR still says "Windows reports that your soundcard is already in use ..."
            Windows Media Player happily uses the ASUS.
            Device Manager says nothing about which program is using the ASUS.

            73, Ed