Re: [softrock40] ZL3DW style softrock IF for FT-301

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 23, 2012
      Subject: [softrock40] ZL3DW style softrock IF for FT-301

      > Hi everyone. I am new to the group.
      > My main (only) transceiver is an old Yaesu FT-301. I have considered duplicating what ZL3DW did (described in
      > http://www.qsl.net/zl3dw/Softrock%20SDR%20as%20a%209Mhz%20IF%20on%20an%20FT-301.pdf)
      >
      > Has anyone else tried this?

      Mark,

      The kit is here <http://fivedash.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=5>
      If the choice of crystal is not available then you may have to find one. Or some have used an Ensemble although that is bigger and a
      bit of a waste.

      73 Alan G4ZFQ
    • dan
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 29, 2012
        Mark: that is almost exactly what I did with an old FT-107 a few years ago...as I recall, it was 8987 khz i.f....a 'good' sound card goes a long ways, IMHO...and, you won't get by with a 'junker' PC....

        It worked nicely, and spurred me on to pursue a full SDR transciever..
        ( ok, i caved and bought a flex 3000....)

        I think i still have the QSD board if you're interested. 73, w5xz, dan