ZL3DW style softrock IF for FT-301

  • sladen.mark
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 23, 2012
      Hi everyone. I am new to the group.
      My main (only) transceiver is an old Yaesu FT-301. I have considered duplicating what ZL3DW did (described in http://www.qsl.net/zl3dw/Softrock%20SDR%20as%20a%209Mhz%20IF%20on%20an%20FT-301.pdf)

      Has anyone else tried this?
      What modifications need to be made to the SDR card?

      Tony, Andrew said that you sold him a 'special' kit for this, with receive centered at 9MHz. Is this a mod I can do myself or do I need anything special?

      Thanks
      Mark
      W8GU
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 23, 2012
        Subject: [softrock40] ZL3DW style softrock IF for FT-301

        > Hi everyone. I am new to the group.
        > My main (only) transceiver is an old Yaesu FT-301. I have considered duplicating what ZL3DW did (described in
        > http://www.qsl.net/zl3dw/Softrock%20SDR%20as%20a%209Mhz%20IF%20on%20an%20FT-301.pdf)
        >
        > Has anyone else tried this?

        Mark,

        The kit is here <http://fivedash.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=5>
        If the choice of crystal is not available then you may have to find one. Or some have used an Ensemble although that is bigger and a
        bit of a waste.

        73 Alan G4ZFQ
      • dan
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 29, 2012
          Mark: that is almost exactly what I did with an old FT-107 a few years ago...as I recall, it was 8987 khz i.f....a 'good' sound card goes a long ways, IMHO...and, you won't get by with a 'junker' PC....

          It worked nicely, and spurred me on to pursue a full SDR transciever..
          ( ok, i caved and bought a flex 3000....)

          I think i still have the QSD board if you're interested. 73, w5xz, dan