Re: [softrock40] V6 RXTX kit arrived

  • Loren Moline WA7SKT
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 1, 2006
      Art,

      Thanks for comment. I realize it wouldnt be useable power..Its just that
      there was so much power loss I was wondering if it could be isolated to the
      PA components or the output filter.

      Loren

      If I do not dream then it can't come true!
      Loren Moline WA7SKT CN86cx
      Member: ARRL, Pacific Northwest VHF Society #151

      >From: Art <KY1K@...>
      >To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: Re: [softrock40] V6 RXTX kit arrived
      >Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2006 09:13:24 -0500
      >
      >My guess would be NO.
      >
      >Without the filtering, you can't quantify the amount of harmonic
      >power in the output. Without the filtering, you might show 2X more
      >power on your meter, but it's not usable power because it is not
      >power at the operating frequency you desire. If you have a spectrum
      >analyzer, this would work, but not with a simple power meter.
      >
      >Wwith a square wave output you can obtain usable information with a
      >simple power meter. But only because the harmonic content is
      >quantifiable because you can very reliably predict the power in the
      >harmonics (you can measure the rise and fall times of the signal).
      >
      >I followed the thread too. I'd be interested to see a plot of power
      >output vs the load resistance. Which could be done with an rf
      >voltmeter and a small collection of 1 watt non inductive resistors in
      >the 10 to 150 ohm range.
      >
      >Regards,
      >
      >Art
      >

      > >I have been following the threads about the low power. Is it possible to
      > >breadboard and take a trsistor of the proper value and feed thru
      >capacitor
      > >from collector without the output network and analyze the output? I know
      >it
      > >wouldn't be filtered but it might show if the output filtering is the
      > >problem with power loss.
      > >
      > >Loren
      > >

      >--

    • Cecilio Bayona
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 1, 2006
        qrper723 wrote:
        > Tony,
        >
        > The V6 RXTX kit arrived here in Japan today.
        > I will check all of the parts according to the newest BOM list.
        > And will build it as soon as possible.
        >
        > Also I'm looking forward you to discover the PA's power up procedure
        > I'm very interested in.
        >
        > Thanks again,ja9mat hidehiko.

        Mine arrived in NW Arkansas, USA on Monday afternoons mail.

        --

        Cecil
        KD5NWA

        "Sacred Cows make the best Hamburger!" Don Seglio Batuna
      • Kees & Sandy
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 1, 2006

          Tony, you really have a winner with this RXTX board. It's going together very easily and the construction is very straightforward. It IS easier to do all the pin-in-hole components first.

          Minor points.........

          Silkscreen for C2 and C9 shows polarized electrolytic but they are ceramics (for those who didn't read the placement chart).

          The 0.033uF (333) ceramic physically "looks like" the four 0.1uF (104) ceramics in the capacitors package   ....just read the numbers.

          73 Kees K5BCQ