Re: New SDR program to use eBay AD9850 DDS oscillators with SDR receivers

  • m0fmt
    Message 1 of 16 , Oct 23, 2012
      Hi all

      If you are saying drop the Quaderature detector for a straight double balanced (ring mixer)mixer then the answer is NO.

      Using a simple mixer will get you images either side of the LO frequency and on a busy band it would be a mess trying to sort out the upper and lower side band signals repeated up and down the band.

      If I read you correctly?

      73 Pete M0fmt

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "junius" <jfox05@...> wrote:

      > have a look at AD9854
      >
      > w5hir

    • vbifyz
      Message 2 of 16 , Oct 23, 2012
        Sorry if I wasn't clear. The idea is to use 2 diode ring mixers (using sine wave quadrature LO) in place of 2 switching mixers (using square wave quadrature LO). The outputs are the same I and Q audio signals in both cases.
        Now that I looked at diode ring module prices, this option doesn't seem cheap at all :(

        73, Mike