Re: [softrock40] Ensemble II for Yaesu FT-902DM ?

  • Chris Wilson
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 20, 2012

      > SoftRock RX Ensemble II Receiver Kit:

      > Hi, I have a Yaesu FT-902DM and would like to have a panoramic
      > frequency display (for all HF bands) to use with it. Fellow hams
      > tell me i can do this by connecting the kit to the 8.9mHz IF Output
      > provided at the rear of the radio. Can you please tell me if this is
      > true, and also if any crystal change is needed to RX all the hf
      > bands, as opposed to a single band.

      > Thanks In Advance
      > Jeff M1BCM

      20/10/2012 11:25

      I have built a Lite version to do this, on the IF out frequency of my
      902DM. Be aware that the Softrock didn't, in my case, "track" the
      frequency of my 902 properly. I didn't persevere but it's on the "to
      investigate" list. I would like to find some way of forcing the panadaptor
      frequency display to exactly mirror the frequency readout of the 902.
      I am not even sure if this is possible. As it was it showed the band,
      but didn't track the 902's frequency, which seemed a bt useless. I
      suspect operator / set up error.

      --
      Best Regards,
      Chris Wilson. 2E0ILY