Re: Completed Peaberry Working on latest PSDR 2.4.4

  • kz1x
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 15, 2012
      Great post. Thanks.

      I appreciate the extra information as I learn a bit more about the SDR topic in general and enjoy playing with the Peaberry I built last month.

      I had a hard time figuring out a few things but with the help of several people on this board it all came together and now I wonder why I was so 'challenged' because it's all rather straightforward.

      Next stop is definitely to play with PowerSDR.

      Steve KZ1X/4

      ***

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Watson" <davewatson@...> wrote:

      > I've completed my Peaberry and really like this radio. I'm a Flex5000A user
      > as well as really prefer PowerSDR over all of the other solutions. I think
      > I've tried them all and always come back. Since Christos (SV1EIA) made his
      > modification to the "PowerSDR
      > <http://code.google.com/p/powersdr-iq/downloads/detail?name=PowerSDRv2_for_H
      > omemade_Rigs.zip> v2.4 for Homemade SDR transceivers", I'm able to get all
      > of the latest features of the PSDR interface like the TNF filters and easy
      > to setup VAC lines as well as virtual com ports. The only thing left to do
      > is figure out the Left/Right = I/Q solution. When calibrating the RX image
      > rejection the stronger of the two images is in the far side of the LO. I've
      > always solved this by reversing the I/Q. SoftRocks allow you to choose with
      > the crossover jumpers. I've tried that on the Peaberry with the "RX REV"
      > jumper on the lower right corner of the board but it doesn't appear to
      > change anything. Any thoughts?
      > This is an easy to build great idea for SDR Kits. Thanks David! I uploaded
      > photos of my build steps to the SoftRock40 Face Book page:
      > https://www.facebook.com/groups/softrock40/
      > Dave (W4DJW)

    • David Turnbull
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 21, 2012
        Dave,

        The RX_REV is only checked when the Peaberry is powered up.

        73 David AE9RB
        http://AE9RB.com/