Another Lite II on the air - VAC question

  • Angel
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 14, 2012
      Hi all,

      Another Softrock lite II 20m on the air!. I finished assembly last week and done some testing sucessfully with Rocky this weekend. So far, I have picked up stations from USA and all over EU on PSK31 from my QTH in England.

      I am not that familiarized with the sw side of SDR yet.
      I would like to try PowerSDR-IQ V1.12.20, CW skimmer, Digipan, WSPR and and play with different digital modes.
      I understand that I must have VAC software to be able to do this. Can somebody please confirm?

      73
      Angel
      M0HDF
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 14, 2012
        Subject: [softrock40] Another Lite II on the air - VAC question

        > I would like to try PowerSDR-IQ V1.12.20, CW skimmer, Digipan, WSPR and and play with different digital modes.
        > I understand that I must have VAC software to be able to do this. Can somebody please confirm?

        Angel,

        Some software, for example CW Skimmer and WSPR have a SDR built in, IQ mode. These may be used on their own.

        Others, I think Digipan is one, do not have an SDR incorporated. These need to be connected to an SDR program like PSDR with VAC.
        I am told that if your soundcard has "Stereo Mix" or "What you hear" then this may be used for RX instead of VAC.

        73 Alan G4ZFQ
      • Angel
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 15, 2012
          Thanks Alan

          It's good to hear that I can use CW skimmer and WSPR directly.
          I do not think my E-MU 0204 soundcard support Stereo Mix or What you hear, so I will have to get the VAC sw, which I was planning to already for my G11 (yet to be built).

          73, Angel M0HDF