PowerSDR v2.4 for Homemade SDR transceivers

  • sv1eia
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 11, 2012
      Hi,

      Here is the latest version of PowerSDR application that can be used from the homebrew SDR users for rigs compatible with the USB ATTiny DG8SAQ/PE0GKO firmware

      -> http://code.google.com/p/powersdr-iq/downloads/detail?name=PowerSDRv2_for_Homemade_Rigs.zip

      It is a new concept that it looks to me should move forward and that is to have the homemade rigs act emulating as the SDR1000, thus any integration and the following of the main application advances from a developer's view are much easier.
      So that is the main direction of this setup. Instructions on how to do this are included , with links for any required download.

      The principle is that the main installer from FlexRadio will be used and only a couple of files included in the above archive will simply copied onto the PowerSDR program installation folder to perform the USB firmware integration/emulation. As simple as that.

      Of course all platforms are supported XP/Vista/W7 on 32/64 bits and a USB ATTiny firmware signed driver for all of them is also included.

      This is for non-commercial use and at user's responsibility, meant only for homemade rigs and home users that want to have experimentation and get acquainted with SDR.

      Enjoy & 73,
      Christos SV1EIA
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/powersdr-iq/

      P.S.
      Original post
      -> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/powersdr-iq/message/2583
    • John Greusel
      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 11, 2012
        Christos,

        This new version works great and it's OK with unsupported sound cards.
        I can live without VOX and whatever else I give up without a Delta 44.

        John
        KC9OJV

        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 11, 2012
          Christos,

          I have libusb v1.2.5 device driver installed.

          Should I remove 1.2.5 or just go ahead and install 1.2.6  ??

          John G3UGY

        • John Williams
          Message 4 of 14 , Oct 11, 2012
            John,

            I installed 1.2.6 and am having problems talking to the softrock thru the hub. Not sure if the driver update is causing it or not. Have been running on Linux for the last few months and hardware was working fine. Could be a XP windows problem, just don't know yet. fyi...

            I would give it a try at the current level unless Christos has a dependency that requires 1.2.6.

            John - ke5ssh

            --

            John Williams

            KE5SSH - ham since 2007
            WQKA523 - GMRS for family use on the farm

          • sv1eia
            Message 5 of 14 , Oct 11, 2012
              There is no dependency, just created an installer with the latest available driver today.

              For your problems John obviously there is something else that you should look into, most likely a 'garbled' system with many driver installations specifically on XP does make things bad as you have there.

              73,
              Christos SV1EIA

              Message 6 of 14 , Oct 11, 2012
                Thanks John,

                That was my concern.  The SoftRock is working fine with HDSDR, SDR-RADIO, POWERSDR V1, Quisk, SDR# which I didn't particularly want to disturb.
                I'll try with v1.2.5 pending confirmation from Christos.

                John G3UGY

                Message 7 of 14 , Oct 11, 2012
                  That is what i suspect...

                  Also, I am running a pci based USB card instead of the motherboard that went  bad so could be a driver issue there also..

                  It sees the si570 as there thru CFGSR, but cannot control it - strange... Going to try to roll back to a prior driver to see if that corrects the problem...

                  John - ke5ssh

                  On 10/11/2012 12:17 PM, sv1eia wrote:

                  There is no dependency, just created an installer with the latest available driver today.

                  For your problems John obviously there is something else that you should look into, most likely a 'garbled' system with many driver installations specifically on XP does make things bad as you have there.

                  73,
                  Christos SV1EIA

                  --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, John Williams <KE5SSH@...> wrote:

                  > John,
                  >
                  > I installed 1.2.6 and am having problems talking to the softrock thru
                  > the hub. Not sure if the driver update is causing it or not. Have been
                  > running on Linux for the last few months and hardware was working fine.
                  > Could be a XP windows problem, just don't know yet. fyi...
                  >
                  > I would give it a try at the current level unless Christos has a
                  > dependency that requires 1.2.6.
                  >
                  > John - ke5ssh
                  > On 10/11/2012 11:06 AM, John wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Christos,
                  > > I have libusb v1.2.5 device driver installed.
                  > > Should I remove 1.2.5 or just go ahead and install 1.2.6 ??
                  > > John G3UGY
                  > >

                  > --
                  >
                  > John Williams
                  >
                  > KE5SSH - ham since 2007
                  > WQKA523 - GMRS for family use on the farm

                  --

                  John Williams

                  KE5SSH - ham since 2007
                  WQKA523 - GMRS for family use on the farm

                • DU1MGA.Gm
                  Message 8 of 14 , Nov 3, 2012
                    Hi Christos,

                    I have PowerSDR 2.4.4 installed on my computer (windows-xp x64 Dualcore). it works fine and I'm happy with this.
                    I use anSound Blaster Audigy2. This card is installed as an unsupportet Card.
                    Since short I was able to get an Delta-44. This Delta need an setup programm.I loaded it down from the Audio-Delta Site. But I'm not able to install it. It always tell me it need the deltapnl.dll installed I'm only able to fine the deltaIIpnl.dll on the sub of files to install. When I say Ignore I will a whole list of files that are missing and after it it will crash.

                    I'm shure the programm from the Delta Site is not the right one. Please help me on the right way. I cannot find what I'm doing wrong.

                    Kind Regards
                    Erwin DU1MGA

                    Message 9 of 14 , Nov 3, 2012

                      >I have PowerSDR 2.4.4 installed on my computer (windows-xp x64 Dualcore). it works fine and I'm happy with this.
                      I use anSound Blaster Audigy2. This card is installed as an unsupportet Card.
                      Since short I was able to get an Delta-44. This Delta need an setup programm.I loaded it down from the Audio-Delta Site. But I'm not
                      able to install it. It always tell me it need the deltapnl.dll installed

                      Erwin,

                      I had this problem recently.
                      This requires a file to be put in the PSDR folder.

                      "PSDR, D44 and Vista/Windows 7, See <http://kc.flex-radio.com/KnowledgebaseArticle50012.aspx> OK. I think I found the answer here.
                      I loaded the latest Vista SP2 driver package for the Delta 44 from the M-audio site. I then searched at the M-audio site for
                      "deltapnl" which returns a result of the SDK download. Download the SDK, DELTAPNL.ZIP. and copy the DELTAPNL.DLL file (Yes, this is
                      dated 2003!) inside to the PSDR program folder. After doing this I no longer get the error and PSDR seems to run fine. Doug. This
                      requires registration to download. NOTE this is a PDSR issue, not M-Audio or Windows."

                      73 Alan G4ZFQ
                    • DU1MGA.Gm
                      Message 10 of 14 , Nov 3, 2012
                        Hi Alan,

                        it was a long fight before I was the owner of the Delta Hi.
                        Will try it to morrow because it is already late her in DU-Land and I have had a bad day anyway.
                        I hope it will work because there are so many good word about the Delta.
                        Anyhow thanks for the tip and so as I now all your tips are successful.

                        Regards Erwin DU1MGA (W3WAZ)

                        Message 11 of 14 , Nov 3, 2012
                          Hi Alan,

                          I just following your advice, and yes Bingo. No crash. It runs good now. Now I have to make a conversion for the cables, but will not be a great problem.
                          Thanks again Alan.

                          vy73 de Erwin DU1MGA (W3WAZ)

                          >I have PowerSDR 2.4.4 installed on my computer (windows-xp x64 Dualcore). it works fine and I'm happy with this.
                          I use anSound Blaster Audigy2. This card is installed as an unsupportet Card.
                          Since short I was able to get an Delta-44. This Delta need an setup programm.I loaded it down from the Audio-Delta Site. But I'm not
                          able to install it. It always tell me it need the deltapnl.dll installed

                          Erwin,

                          I had this problem recently.
                          This requires a file to be put in the PSDR folder.

                          "PSDR, D44 and Vista/Windows 7, See <http://kc.flex-radio.com/KnowledgebaseArticle50012.aspx> OK. I think I found the answer here.
                          I loaded the latest Vista SP2 driver package for the Delta 44 from the M-audio site. I then searched at the M-audio site for
                          "deltapnl" which returns a result of the SDK download. Download the SDK, DELTAPNL.ZIP. and copy the DELTAPNL.DLL file (Yes, this is
                          dated 2003!) inside to the PSDR program folder. After doing this I no longer get the error and PSDR seems to run fine. Doug. This
                          requires registration to download. NOTE this is a PDSR issue, not M-Audio or Windows."

                          73 Alan G4ZFQ

                        • Newsguy
                          Message 12 of 14 , Dec 1, 2012

                              This Worked for me..  Good Instructions that worked,,,!!!

                              http://tinyurl.com/cjlg9uz

                              Gordon w3du

                            Tony's page.. Tony should this to his page..

                            http://tinyurl.com/cquyhkj

                          • Newsguy
                            Message 13 of 14 , Dec 1, 2012
                              Looks like they Did not update driver Since 2008..
                              Have You Contacted Sustomer Service????
                              http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=support.contact

                              Delta 44

                              11/04/2008

                              5.10.00.5069v3

                              DELTA_XP32XP64_5.10.00.5069v3.zip

                              Message 14 of 14 , Dec 1, 2012
                                Subject: [softrock40] Re: PowerSDR v2.4 for Homemade SDR transceivers

                                > Looks like they Did not update driver Since 2008..
                                > Have You Contacted Sustomer Service????

                                I had this problem with PowerSDR 2.4.4 .
                                It is not an M-Audio problem but inherent in PSDR.

                                "PSDR, D44 and Vista/Windows 7, See http://kc.flex-radio.com/KnowledgebaseArticle50012.aspx OK. I think I found the answer here. I
                                loaded the latest Vista SP2 driver package for the Delta 44 from the M-audio site. I then searched at the M-audio site for
                                "deltapnl" which returns a result of the SDK download. Download the SDK, DELTAPNL.ZIP. and copy the DELTAPNL.DLL file (Yes, this is
                                dated 2003!) inside to the PSDR program folder. After doing this I no longer get the error and PSDR seems to run fine. . This