RE: [softrock40] Ensemble II Images all Bands -help

  • Mike Primeaux
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 10, 2012

      Bob,

      Did you try swapping stereo channels for the I/Q signals from the Softrock?  For example, if “I” is on “right” stereo channel, and “Q” is on “left” stereo channel, try to swap in RFSpace software configuration.

      Also, there is a “I/Q” crossover option on the Softrock pcb to swap I/Q outputs to the jack.

      Where to swap in software depends on the software used. I don’t know about the RFSPACE software.

      The other good idea I read on this forum was to check LineIn mixer balance.

      Best of luck. . .

      Mike

      AE5MP

      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 10, 2012

        > I have not tried other SDR Software, the RFspace 1.5 r1048 works very good, other than my image problem.

        Bob

        Try something else. It's best not to rely on just one software for problems like this.
        <http://sdrsharp.com/index.php/downloads> is simple and has good rejection. You can turn it off to be really sure how bad your
        system is.
        If it really is that bad try a different soundcard, maybe USB. Such low rejection is seen when a sample delay is required but much
        software does not have that feature.

        I'm not sure about SDR-Radio, the current version has been abandoned while Simon works on a new version.
        Or ask on the SDR-Radio group, maybe you are missing something.

        73 Alan G4ZFQ
      • Leonard McGarity
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 11, 2012
          Using SDR-IQ with V 1.5 SDR_RADIO, sometimes get images also. So not just with SoftRock does this happen. Come and go, not there at all this morning on 75M or 17M, see in LSB and USB.  17M about 19kc apart when there. I suspect something in house/nearby causing RFI. Next time it happens time to turn devices on/off, try different ants, etc., try find culprit. Link, WV4I
        • steel120@bellsouth.net
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 11, 2012
            Thanks to all for the suggestions, after going back to the Option panel in SDR-Radio V 1.5 r 1048, and selecting the Image rejection option, ran this in Auto, after a sample time, It cured the problem.

            Images appear to be almost completely gone, I have posted a couple of after photo's. ImagesII-Gone

            Now I need to find a method to correct a few birdies, need some core's to try an reduce the birdies I think are coming from the monitor. Not sure, I have the KM5H kase for the ensemble, plus have stuff grounded. Off for another challenge.

            Thanks Again to all... Bob