Re: [softrock40] Re: RX ENSEMBLE II Si570 DEFECTIVE??

  • franco
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 9, 2012
    • 1 Attachment
    • 179 KB
    yes

    ----- Original Message -----
    Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2012 5:20 PM
    Subject: RE: [softrock40] Re: RX ENSEMBLE II Si570 DEFECTIVE??

    To make surer were on the same pages ....
    On the PE0FKO GFSDR tab "calibrate"
    You have 56.32?

    Im trying to verify that you have succeful communications with the AVR,  and it intern can communicate with the Si570 ....

    Since you have a Cmos Si570 .... its the cheapest to buy if you need another ....

    To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
    From: franco@...
    Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2012 15:24:00 +0000
    Subject: [softrock40] Re: RX ENSEMBLE II Si570 DEFECTIVE??

    Him CFGSR Era Default STARTUP 28.200 TUNE 7.050
    I have Changed STARTUP 56.32 TUNE 14.080 SAVE
    CFGSR COMUNICA WITH ENSEMBLE MA IN EXIT
    SI570 NON CHANGES NOTHING
    CIAO Francesco it9esi

    Message 2 of 11 , Oct 9, 2012

      >Im trying to verify that you have succeful communications with the AVR, and it intern can communicate with the Si570 ....

      Mike, 56.32 is just a default figure that appears regardless.

      The best way to be sure is to look at the "Test" tab.
      The green dot at the bottom left indicates the controller is connected.
      If the controller sees the Si570 all the fields should be filled. Tick the "Repeat" box to test for a reliable connection.

      I had missed Francesco's problem.
      Francesco, most times the problem is due to bad soldering.

      Only very rarely is the Si570 faulty.